Episode 10: Just A Prank

Taylor and Tyler were the first to book it, followed closely by Logan. Aiden and Ben ran away but Aiden seemed to have no real fear on his face just laughing as he ran. Ashlyn and I were the last to start going with Ashlyn straggling behind. Soon, I heard Ashlyn scream and a thud as I looked behind me to see Ashlyn on the ground, looking towards where the shadow was only to see nothing. It seemed the others had stopped as well.

"Where did it go? What was it?!" Taylor asked in a panic looking around. I took a couple breaths as I tried to calm myself, that thing wasn't real, ghosts don't exist, it's a prank it had to have been. I became frustrated at the thought that there was someone messing with us, probably that tour guide.

"It's probably just a stupid prank," I said with slight anger in my voice.

"A-a prank?" Logan stuttered out.

"Duh, let's go over what just happened. A group conveniently cancels a reservation, and our guide just so happens to have an excuse to leave? Then when we're all alone in a 'haunted' house we have a scary encounter. Immediately after said 'scary encounter' the thing just disappears before we can confirm or touch it. Yeah right. This is definitely a set up for some sort of reaction video to make money. They probably have cameras and a projector hidden somewhere," Tyler explained angrily, god I hope he's right for once, "Screw you and your idiotic video! For the record, you don't have permission to use our reactions!" Tyler yelled, hoping whoever was behind this would hear him. He grabbed Taylor by the wrist and angrily stormed off, "C'mon Tay. We're going back to the bus."

"A-ah wait.." Logan said as he followed after them. I looked back at Ashlyn who was looking at her arm. Did she injure herself in the fall? I approached her.

"Did you hurt your arm?" I asked, she looked up at me, her face becoming neutral again as she looked off to the side.

"I'm fine. Just somewhat spooked, I guess," she slowly stood up, "It's almost 5:30, we should catch up with the others," she said. That's when I noticed something off with her shadow, it seemed like something was dripping off her hand, but there was nothing there in person. I brushed it off as me just seeing things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone was all set up in a motel room. It was 4 people in each room and the boys and girls were separate, so I elected myself to be the one to not room with rest of the group members. So, now I was with 3 randos in a motel room. Luckily, these people understood the meaning of the word privacy and I got to have the couch as my sleeping space. I laid on the surprisingly comfortable couch and managed to drift off to sleep.