Before we begin...

Hello everybody, I would like to say a few things before we begin the story. Firstly I will put out a warning for some stuff (ex emotional backstory, loss of a limb, gun violence[sometimes], and death.) and not for others (swearing, gun violence[sometimes], etc.) mostly because It won't be a one-in-a-lifetime occurrence or a 20-time-per-chapter thing. It will just seem normal and seamless.

2. I won't be posting a lot as I don't write much. I am sorry for any bad spelling or grammar ( I hope Free Grammarly got all my mistakes).

3. BACKSTORY

Ivy

26, female, asexual

Her childhood was always kind of weird compared to other kids. There was always little to no food at home as it was replaced by beers. Her mother beat her a lot when drunk. But since she was drunk a lot, Ivy often went to school with bruises. She has been exposed to drugs on the regular (Cannabis, heroin, Demerol, Ecstasy, and cocaine). She has gone to therapy for her past and she has been getting better. However, whenever she enters a drinking environment, she tenses up to an almost freeze. Some of her friends don't like her for that, and she doesn't like her coworker Jack for always having alcohol on him and being hostile.

Jack

23, male, Mascic

Jack was abandoned when he was a 3-year-old and was put into foster care. He was alone for most of the time in foster care until he found some group friends. However, they were just using him to get out of trouble. By the time they left foster care, they left Jack and told him he was worthless. Since then, anytime he tries to make friends, they leave him for his disaint. What happened when he was young had stuck to him. Now he is fine with living in solitude and drinking his pain away. His coworker Ivy keeps on coming up to him to talk and tell him to stop drinking.

Iris

18, female, straight

"The girl twin that does it all." Some say, but they don't know the real truth. The divorce happened at the age of 7, and she and her brother were in the custody of the father and his girlfriend. Their Father has high expectations for her brother, Leo. Her brother had always been short of those expectations, so he was going to get beaten. However, Iris has always redirected that anger onto herself. At school, things weren't different. Leo was a prime target for bullying, thin and weak. Iris protected him when she could and comfort him was she wasn't there to protect him, but because of this her grades have gone down a bunch. Which gives her father more reason to get mad. She sees herself as his bodyguard, and nothing else.

Leo

18, male, straight

"Man up, Boys don't cry." are saying that Leo has heard a lot in his lifetime. Leo is not what people like his father think a man should be, and he gets punished for that. The only person who seems to care for him is his sister Iris. She cares for him like no one has and protects him at home and school. But still, they won't stop and keep hurting Leo verbally and physically. The sad part is that he can't defend himself. His sister always keeps protecting him, making him a bigger target. So the cycle repeats and repeats, making him more isolated. He wishes that he was stronger, he wishes he had a change of roles.

Soooo

that's it. Enjoy the Proluge of THE PLAGUE.

Have fun my monkeys and good bye.