Prologue: Blessing or Curse?

-Three months before the main events

It was a beautiful day in the country, birds were singing, flowers were blooming, and people were doing their stuff, on days like these people like... Hold on, wrong series.

-Inside a Middle School

We see a young boy with blonde hair facing a girl with beautiful brown hair. His body is positioned at a precise 90-degree angle, and his right hand is extended gracefully from the side of his body.

Aether: "[Insert name here] I like you. Please go out with me!"

Girl: "Aether... You're a great person, you're smart, humble, athletic, and friendly... And I like that about you. I am also flattered that you want to be with me... "

"But..."

"I want to puke when every time I imagine dating you..."

Aether: "You could've just said no!"

=-=-=-=-=-X-=-=-=-=-=

Aether: "Not again..."

Aether, wearing a sour expression on his face, trudged back from his school with his friends Venti, Kazuha, Xiao, Razor, and Bennett. This came after experiencing another rejection, and the group made their way together.

Kazuha: "Alas, the fiftieth time you've been spurned, is it not?"

Aether: "Now is not the time to go into your poet mode, Kazuha."

Kazuha: "In every moment, my poet's soul may stir, but for your comfort, I shall keep it at bay... For now.

Aether: "..."

Venti: "50?! Damn, this could be listed in the Guinness Books of World Records! But I have a feeling that they would reject you too..."

Aether: "Aren't you supposed to make your friend feel better?!"

Venti: *Shrugs* "I never saw that in your friend's application."

Venti: "Besides... I can make a profit by making a song about this..."

Aether: "You're going to use my suffering to earn money?!"

Kazuha: "Hmmm... Doesn't sound like a bad idea."

Aether: "Not you too!"

Kazuha: "Hehe... Relax, I'm just joking. But I don't think Venti is though."

Venti: "Don't worry about me."

Razor: "It is still a mystery, how could Aether be rejected so many times? Aether has a good reputation with both the boys and the girls in school..."

Xiao: "I agree... Aether is not ugly-looking either."

Aether: "Why does that make me feel worse..."

Kazuha: "You need to stop sulking about it dude..."

Aether: "You don't understand how I feel! Besides, how come none of you ever confessed your feelings to someone?!"

Venti: *Shrugs* "Alcohol, wine, and any beverages are all that I want to marry."

Xiao: "Never felt any romantic feelings for someone, besides, it's better to wait until after I've matured enough."

Kazuha: "I want to finish high school first before I start trying to find a girlfriend."

Bennett: *Sheepish* "Knowing my luck, I'd probably get rejected in the worst ways possible."

Razor: "I already have a fiance."

After strolling for a few more minutes, Venti suddenly came to a halt and called out to them.