𝟎𝟔𝟖. 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐬

HAPPY GRADUATION, LUCY DANES
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter sixty-eight,
Gilmore Girls — Season Three

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter sixty-eight, Gilmore Girls — Season Three

𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟔𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟑
―୨୧⋆ ˚ LUCY'S POV

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐈'𝐌 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐈𝐓 𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐈 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐁𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐆𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐒. My eyes stare up at the dark ceiling in my bedroom, and the first thing I hear is Dad snoring. Well, that's one thing I'm not going to miss once I leave for college.

  I drag myself out of bed, pulling my blanket along with me, and I cross the room to my dad's side of the room. "Dad," I hiss, but he continues to sleep, snoring loudly. "Dad."

I step around to sit down on his bed. I tug at the bedsheet, whispering at him again. "Dad!"

  He jerks awake, breathing heavily, and I smile innocently. "Morning, Dad." I cuddle my blanket around me and I shuffle up the bed, sitting right next to my half-asleep father.

  His eyes hone in on the clock next to his bed. "It's two in the morning, Luce." He groans.

  "I graduate today," I say, crossing my legs. "I, Luciana Lilia Danes, graduate today. Can you believe that? I felt like this day would never, ever come and now it's here, Dad. It's here." I smack my hand against his arm, and he groans again, obviously frustrated by me. "I'm graduating today."

  "Yep," he breathes out, his eyes still closed.

  I peer down at him. "What if my speech isn't good enough? What if I mess up my words? What if I trip over when taking my diploma? What if──"

"Lucy." Dad sits up, and he leans against the headboard next to me. "You need to go to sleep. You need to stop overthinking this."

"I'm going to college soon," I say, and the words taste sour on my tongue. "I'm going to be leaving this house, this town, and I just..." My head hits the headboard. "...I'm really freaked out."

  "Luce, you've been fine for the past two weeks. Why are you freaking out?"

  "Because I'm leaving soon, Dad." I pull my legs up, resting my chin on knees as I cuddle the blanket around me. "I'm leaving, and that's scary. Who am I going to speak to at two in the morning?"