Chapter-1

"you can't be serious" i said as tears pricked my eyes .

This was bad , real freaking bad . My hands made their way to my head on their own accord , gripping the roots in frustration .

"maam please calm down a bit , im aware of the downsides and completely understand your request but unfortunately-"

Before the sentence is completed i snap my head towards the guy in front of me .

" what's unfortunate is the way you are starting to sound like a piece of ass" i am fully aware of the way my teeth grind against each other.

The guy , well more like the man in front of me is in his 40s but the way his hair are styled into a perfect side wave and the expensive suit he's wearing makes him look like he's in his late 20s . A trait that comes with money and being elite i suppose .

"i hope you realize that i am apologetic for that " he says looking down to break our eye contact .

My eyes take his whole form in , hes lanky and looks sweet , unlike most other men his age who have plenty of money to throw around . I can very well tell that he wouldn't hurt a fly if forced .

A slow burn of guilt creeps up my back , he is just doing his job and im taking all my anger out on him . The poor guy is scared , hands trembling and they had been trembling even since before i stepped foot into this office . Which tells me how he has had this same conversation with many others just like me .

I wouldn't say my college is bad , no , not at all . Prep in was and always has been one of the biggest elite universities in the country . Getting in here is always a slim chance given that each student needs to be academically phenomenal but also because it's not a uni anyone can afford . What's worse then rich elite kids with pretty smart brains ? politics , that's what .

" see.....i just need to get home by tonight before the purge starts there is surely something you could do ? some strings you could pull ?" i ask biting my tongue , hoping that maybe he would magically finally give me some sort of gate pass so i could leave.

"the dean has closed off all gates at the moment and they will only open after the purge , trust me , if i could have helped then i would have " he was raising his arms up in surrender now .

"this is unfair , we should be able to go home " i rasp out looking at the painting on the side wall.

It shows a war between two sides , one wearing all black with red crests while the other is completely red with black crests . Similar yet so different .

" i agree , there will be a bloodbath in here " he sounds defeated and i can see the tension in his slumped shoulders .

His body language shows that he is scared , it is pretty obvious and with the amount of students he has disappointed today with this same conversation he's having with me has definitely put a target on his back .