Chapter 1 - The Prologue

A year has passed since the tragic incident. As a tribute to their late senior, Tsukasa, the remaining 3 top-ranked knights, Akito, Mizuki and Shiho, placed his sword under the hung up picture frame of their group photo with him.

Since Mizuki is now the leader of the knights department, they have way more responsibilities than before. One day, Akito and Shiho came into their office, 'Akiyama, how have you been?', asked Akito, while Shiho put down a bowl of soup for Mizuki on the table. Mizuki looked up at them, unsure of how to respond.

Shiho guessed what was going on, so she explained to them, 'Without saying a word, I can tell your very stressed right now. But remember what Tsukasa-san used to say to us? It's important to balance work and rest, so do you want to go to that local bar Tsukasa-san often brings us there tonight?', Mizuki's eyes suddenly perked up as soon as they heard Shiho's suggestion, 'Oooh, I'd love that!' 'I'm glad you accepted our invite, meet us outside the main entrance at 7pm,' said Akito, as the three knights said bye to one another, and Mizuki went back to work in a good mood.

Meanwhile, on that same day at the cemetery, Saki visited her brother, it's been a part of her routine to go there on the 17th of every month. Saki would lay a bouquet of white lilies on her brother's grave and 'talk' to him about her current life updates, 'Hi, onii-chan. You're in luck today because when I entered our local flower shop, I just saw someone restocked on the white lilies, so of course I bought more for you since they are your favourite...'

Tonight's events were rather chill for both sides. The three White Knights spent their night at their local bar just like they planned, 'You're doing great, Akiyama, you deserve a break,' said Akito, as the three of them clinked their glasses, 'Ah-ha-ha, thanks...', Mizuki paused for a moment, '...*sigh* It's just not the same anymore without Tsukasa-senpai...' 'Hey, hey, hey, let's not focus on that, okay? It's in the past already, let's focus on what's in front of us now,' Shiho stopped Mizuki from thinking anymore bad memories.

Meanwhile, in the Imperial Soldiers guild, Saki was searching through a box of old stuff in her room. Toya came into Saki's room holding a tray with a teapot and two teacups, 'Saki-san?', Toya put down the tray on the bed and crouched next to Saki, 'Ah, Toya-kun. I'm just looking through some old stuff.'

Saki then found a bunny plushie from her childhood, 'Oh, this was my first ever stuffed toy gifted by my parents! I'm surprised I still have it with me,' Saki placed the bunny plushie on her bed, Saki then dug up an old picture of a group photo with Rui, Toya and herself. The two Imperial Soldiers looked at each other with disgust, 'Should be burn this picture?', Saki suggested, Toya nodded as a response of agreement. Saki then eventually found an old picture frame of her brother and herself, back when they were still little kids, '...Onii-chan...', Toya noticed that Saki's eyes are watering, 'Ok, ok, that's enough searching for today, come here,' as Toya put the picture frame back in the box.

Toya gently held Saki's hand, 'I brought in tea just then, come sit here with me,' Toya and Saki then sat down on her bed. Toya gently wiped away her tears and poured themselves tea, 'If your brother's spirit is watching you right now, if he saw you cry like this he would feel heartbroken, wouldn't he?', Saki held the teacup Toya just poured, 'I really hope onii-chan would find our parents if he ever made it to heaven...' 'Saki-san, you said that many times already. I believe that your brother did many good deeds in this life, so I'm very sure he deserves to go to heaven,' said Toya, as he also held his teacup, 'It's in the past now, so let's just focus on what's in front of us,' 'Wow...I feel better now, cheers to that,' said Saki, as they both sip on their teacups.

The two Imperial Soldiers then put down their teacups, 'Now should we go burn that picture?', suggested Saki again, 'Yea, let's go do that. Wait me outside in the practice area, I'll go find if there's more pictures to burn,' said Toya as they both got up from the bed. They planned to burn the pictures in an open area so that it won't cause any fires, Saki held a picture with Rui she found in that box, while Toya held more pictures with Rui he found around the guild. As soon as the fire starts to get more fierce, they tossed the pictures in the fire, one by one, in hoping to forget about someone who they don't want to remember, Toya then spoke in disbelief, 'I've always admired Kamishiro-senpai ever since I joined here, but I've never thought his true nature is so...evil and manipulative...'