CHAPTER 28

Alina moved back and Ruhani tried to gain her foot.

“Hey sweetheart,Don't force yourself” Maya's concerning voice hit her ears as the older woman placed her cold hand on Ruhani's jaw.

“Here take a seat” She guided Ruhani as well as her brother towards the sofa.

They took a seat. Ruhani was trying her best to pay no attention to Alina's glance which,at this point, was completely transfixed on her. What were these expressions?
Was she sad? Was she concerend? Something in Ruhani's chest went berserk the moment she saw Alina earlier. She couldn’t let her emotions get the best of her. She couldn't let all her efforts, she did these past months to get her mind off her,go into vain just at the mere sight of this angelic woman.

Ruhani felt her brother moulding their hands together, pressing a kiss on her head.

“Hey,Can you speak now?” A voice she very well knew broke her out of her trance. Alina kneeled in front of her with her hands gently massaging Ruhani's thigh.

“Yeah I guess”

“What happened exactly?” Alina asked,Her stone cold eyes turning gentle the moment she made eye contact with Ruhani.

Ruhani motioned her jaw slightly to answer Alina.

“I accidently bumped into this guy and spilled my ice cream on his shirt. I apologized but before I can make much of my sorroundings,He scooped the ice cream from his shirt and threw it on my face. I continued apologizing but he later spat on my forehead.” Everybody's eyes widened and Alina’s relaxed hand which was resting on Ruhani’s thigh was turned into a fist now.

“That piece of Shit” The Fiancee finally spoke. Maya and him exchanged a glance.

“We didn’t wanted to create a rucus but Bhai-” She didn't finish her sentence and everybody got what she meant. “Sorry”

“What the fuck are you apologizing for? and Honestly I'm glad for what your brother did. I wanted to do the same for quite a while-” Aliya stopped midway after looking at Alina and composing herself.

“By the way Welcome to the wedding” Aliya smiled towards Kairav and he repaid the greetings.

“I should have known she is your sister Kai” Alina looked at Kairav and then back at Ruhani. “Both has got same level of Stubborness-”

“Oh,Mind you Heroine-” Kairav  mockingly replied but couldn’t complete

“And Dumbness” Alina sighed and the whole room laughed.

Everyone regained composure.

“Hey…” Ruhani stuttered. “I wanted to ask how do you two know each other?” She pointed between her brother & Alina.

“Well,We have got a history” Her brother hissed.

Ruhani’s eyes widened as she looked between them with an open mouth.

“Hey hey….Not what you are thinking,Duffer” Alina uttered while lightly hitting Ruhani's shoulder. She stood from her earlier squat and sat beside her. Her scent was wayy too intoxicating. Their shoulders were brushing and -
RUHANI FOCUS.

“Then….How?” She asked her brother.

“You see,This asshole Aviraj is son of Shekhar Malhotra. His dad is Managing director of Malhotra industries. One of the biggest Construction companies hailing in India. And you may not know Ruhani but our Dad has become a very recognizable name in the market as well. In the past Nine months,Riddhi Siddhi Constructions has done wonders and astonishingly catered to many clients including the ones who earlier used to work with Shekhar industries. Dad’s sudden and wonderful growth hasn’t sit right with many and that includes Aviraj’s Dad as well. You can say His dad and our Dad are competitors.” Ruhani and everyone else in the room was listening.

Her brother continued. “So for the same work meetings or Buisness parties I attended with Dad,I met that asshole there.”

“Oh..Ohkay” Ruhani replied. “Par Bhai,How any of this has to do with You and Alina?”

“Alina is Aviraj’s Fian–”
Kairav couldn’t complete as Alina cut him midway.

“I– I happened to be present at the same parties” Alina hurriedly replied and placed her hand above Ruhani’s,catching her attention.

Kairav frowned his eyebrows and Ruhani silently mouthed an “OH”

Maya abruptly stood from her chair and nearly screamed. “WHAT DID YOU JUST SAID?” Her question was pointed at Kairav.

Everyone stayed silent. “Ruhani's Brother,Kairav Right? I’m asking you! What were you saying earlier? Alina is Aviraj’s Who?”

Kairav slightly trembled under Maya’s gaze. “I-”

“LEAVE IT MAYA” Alina said standing from the sofa

“No one’s talking to you here,Alina” Maya calmly replied

“But you surely are talking about me” Alina took a step further and said through her clenched teeth

Kairav interjected scaredly. “That's how she was always introduced so I-”

Aliya stood and took a step further. “That can't be true,Right Di?” Ruhani could see the gliser in Aliya’s eye. “What he was about to say,Haina?”

“That's none of your buissness Aliya,Stay out of it” Alina coldly replied

“I'M YOUR SISTER ALINA,Why are you treating me like a shit all of a sudden. It's been months now.” Aliya was screaming. Ruhani has seen Aliya taking Alina's full name for the first time. “I…I love you Didi and I Miss you” A tear dripped down her face.

Alina lightly chuckled. “Oh my God Aliya!! What an amazing sister you have been. I wonder what I would do without you” She mocked.

“But I care for you and just want to spend time with you-”

“ENOUGH with the bullshit." Alina coldly shut her up. "And you two,Just understand,It's my life and stay out of it -”

Maya took a step further. The whole air suddenly changed. The room went silent.It felt as if a lioness was moving towards her prey. Calm and composed. Everyone stood up and were too stunned to speak. Ruhani could suddenly feel Goosebumps erupting in her body. She glanced at Alina.

Alina was holding her own ground. Unmoved,Unhinged. Her eyes were set on the woman who was approaching her.

Maya moved and stopped just an inch before Alina. She took a breath,none of them flinching,None of them blinking.

Ruhani saw Aliya shivering,tearing up in a corner. It was particularly tough for her, to see her sisters behaving this way.

“Listen to me now Alina” Maya breathed on Alina's face. Her voice low. “I don't care what you say,What you think of me.”
Her jaw slightly clenched “But untill and unless I'm alive,I won’t let you ever-” She took a deep breath. “And I mean ever Marry that cunt”

The whole room was shook. Weight of Maya's words finally registered in everyone's ears. Ruhani frowned her eyebrows. The whole situation was too confusing but the word “Marry” suddenly shifted something in her Body.

Is that asshole has something to do with Alina? Are they really…Together?

Ruhani felt her heart getting heavy all of a sudden.

“Trust me,You can do nothing about it Maya” Alina gave a sad small smile.

“Oh ho ho ho” Maya lightly chuckled and cupped Alina’s face with both her Hands.
“You have no Idea,What Can I do and undo for you my Muffin”

She lightly kissed Alina’s forehead and left the room.

A/N - Your thoughts?

Also I have created an Instagram page  officially for Unethical Edits,My upcoming works,QnA and stuff and Stuff. My personal Ig's link,This page Ig's link,Discord group link,Everything's in BIO. Please consider supporting 🤍