A Day

ADELINA ˚˖𓍢ִ໋🦢˚

It has been three days since we arrived in India, and the time spent has flown by in complete bliss

The sun blares through the floor-to-ceiling windows of our living room, washing away the last remnants of sleep and lingering tiredness.

The past couple of days have been devastating with all the preparations taking place in the Singhania mansion. Not to mention the workload that came down onto the shoulders of the people living in the house.

Today is Friday and the pre-wedding functions begin from next week onwards. Chaos now is nothing compared to what we'll have to deal with when the actual function begins.

I make a beeline to where everyone is seated in the living area and plop myself between Ma and Papa on the couch.

"Good morning, everyone." A yawn escapes my mouth as I rub my eyes and they greet me nonchalantly.

"Morning, Kiki. Sleep well?" Dad asks as he pulls me towards him and makes my head rest on his shoulder wrapping his arms around mine.

"Very well", I reply and scan my eyes around to see everyone busy with their morning tea and conversation.

Just when I sense the absence of Veer and Ser I hear the elevator ding.

To my amazement, both of them together approach us with unreadable expressions spread on each of their faces.

Strange

No, not really.

These two days here have elicited something among them. They have been acting very awkward, which might not be noticeable to many but my eyes never missed the interactions they encountered.

I don't care as long as the both of them don't end up with broken hearts if anything ever forms between them in the future. But I'd be happy if they got married and if I have Serena as my sister-in-law.

Though I doubt that could ever happen with the personality and attitude my asshole of a brother seems to hold onto. When on the other hand Serena carries her sweetheart personality.

Just as they approach us, I stand and hug Ser good morning with a smile.

From my peripheral vision, I see Veer standing to my left awkwardly. 

If he thinks he deserves to get a hug from me then he's got it all wrong. I am still mad at him for his past actions.

I know his comfort level may be limited, but that doesn't give him the free pass to hurt everyone with his reckless behavior outside it.

We both break away from the hug, as I very gracefully ignore my brother's presence. 

Then reclaim my seat on the couch, now along with Ser as we get into discussing today's plans.