Chapter 30

Previously on The New Hogwarts

Harry's Pov

"Good night, Severus," I whispered, my voice filled with love.

"Good night, Harry," he replied, his arms tightening around me. "Sweet dreams."

With Severus by my side, I knew that whatever the future held, we would face it together. And that was all I needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry's Pov

The morning sun filtered through the windows of my office at Hogwarts, casting a warm glow across the polished wood of my desk. It was hard to believe that we were only a month away from the start of the new school year. Every change and adjustment we had planned was now in place, and the anticipation of what lay ahead filled the air.

Severus entered the room, a cup of tea in hand, and handed it to me with a small smile. "Here you go, Harry. You look like you could use this."

"Thanks, Severus," I said, taking the cup and inhaling the comforting aroma. "I can't believe it's almost September 1st. Everything is ready, and now all we can do is wait."

He sat down across from me, his expression calm and collected. "You've done an incredible job, Harry. The school is ready, the staff is prepared, and the students will be here soon enough. There's nothing more we can do now except trust in the work we've done."

I nodded, taking a sip of the tea. "You're right. I just can't help but feel a mix of excitement and nerves. So much has changed, and I want to make sure everything goes smoothly."

Severus reached across the desk and took my hand, his touch grounding me. "Everything will go according to plan, Harry. You've put in the work, and you have the full support of the staff. This is going to be a successful year."

I squeezed his hand, feeling a wave of gratitude for his steady presence in my life. "I don't know what I'd do without you, Severus. You always know how to put things in perspective."

He gave me a rare, genuine smile. "And you've always known how to inspire others, Harry. That's why this school year will be one of the best Hogwarts has ever seen."

We spent the morning going over the final details, reviewing the new systems and procedures that had been put in place. The merit-based system was ready to be rolled out, and the new accommodations for the various magical creatures were complete. Every corner of the school had been touched by our efforts, and I felt a sense of pride at what we had accomplished.

After a while, Severus stood up and stretched. "I think we've done enough work for the morning. How about we take a walk around the grounds? It might help to clear your head."

I smiled at the suggestion. "That sounds like a good idea. Let's do it."

We left my office and made our way through the castle, passing by the various classrooms and common areas. Everywhere we went, I could see the changes we had made, from the new murals in the corridors that celebrated the diversity of the magical world, to the cozy study nooks we had added for the students who preferred quiet spaces.

As we stepped outside into the warm summer air, I took a deep breath, letting the peace of the grounds wash over me. Severus and I walked side by side, our pace unhurried as we took in the beauty of the surroundings.

"It's hard to believe how much we've accomplished in just a few months," I said, looking out over the lake, where the sunlight sparkled on the water's surface. "The school feels different—better."