Rumitopia

There is an old saying, a term, spoken by the elders who would sit on the hairs of the Earth, green swaying in a calm, lucious breeze as the sun shone and generations of friends and relatives gathered at long tables, with plenty of fancy-shaped buns and giant pots -filled with jelly and juice.

In their place, the elders would teach their children this:

"If you are lucky to be brought into this world, with open arms and loving siblings and parents, cherish them. Love them and give your time. They will be there to laugh and smile and cry with you. And no matter how many friends or how far you reach in life, treat your family with the same kindness as you do your friends."

And the elders would sit upon the green hairs of the Earth as they watched their many generations of friends and families, from different branches of the same root, play and laugh and smile and cry and eat.

This was their settled nation of Rumitopia, so sunny and bright. They would live in harmony together with every being, and every family and sibling and friend.

Until they were not.

#

Oiyora sat on the bed as she held her infants in her hands. The bed was coated with a wonderful satin silk, shining in a shade of soft baby blue, a color that reminded people of clouds and cotton. The bedframe was nothing short of breathtaking too, with a dark wooden canopy engraved with patterns of fruit and grass and vines and flowers. And finally, hung atop the canopy frame were blue curtains, adopting a shade of blue that was rather found in buttoned brabourne shirts.

Beside Oiyora was a man. Rather short and had curly hair, color of pink chalk, yet still quite illuminating of his youth. He was Jortare Pantier Gernad, husband of Oiyora.

They were young and newly wedded. And had two children, though one might argue they were only one. These kids were conjoined twins, Harspen and Chee, she named them.

And Oiyora and Jortare were ready to raise their children, their future, bright and loving and successful.

Well, that's what they hoped.

Oiyora was quite aware that Rumitopia was no longer like that. Ever since she -Rumi Clonsi- has taken place as the new ruler of Rumitopia, everyone had to be cursed. With a "half-power," Rumi would call it. They would bring great benefits and unnecessary problems at the same time.

Even Oiyora and Jortare had their half-powers; Jortare had the strange ability to stretch any of his ten fingers -at any length- on command, but he could only command two at a time. Meanwhile, his wife could read only half of any person's thoughts on command, and only what their thoughts were in the present.

And their sons Harspen and Chee were to be next.

A small being walked into the room, with stubby limbs, a mushroom-shaped hat, and a stick wand.

"It is time for your children's half-powers," they spoke in a quiet, alien-like voice. The being held up the wand when Oiyora suddenly screamed.

"No!" she yelled. "I will not let you touch my sons!" She leaped from the bed and grabbed Jortare by the hand. "We need to get them out of here!"

She and Jortare raced! past the miniature being and barged! open the door! The long hallways outside the bedroom stretched like an endless shopping aisle, but Oiyora heeded no care. She tugged Jortare with the infants still in her hand, and they ran. Pam! Pam! Pam! Their feet leaped and pounded. Oiyora's silvery hair bended and curved and blew behind her as they raced.

And they could hear more beings behind them.

"Get her!" they cried in their little voices. A stampede of these beings scrambled behind them, hopping and running with their stubby legs. Oiyora could hear their high-pitched screams behind her, and a million sounds of BOOM! and BAM! coming from their wands.