Balance

Lydia martin was a complex person. She had little nooks and crannies where she hid peices of herself. Everone thought they knew her but they didnt. It's not that she liked to keep to herself she just didnt know how to open up. So instead of sharing her thoughts with people she'd come home and put on a record and lay on her carpet picking at it thinking. Today she decide to listen to "earth angel" because it may be a years old but its still just as amazing.

"I'm just a fool, a fool in love with you."

Lydia thought how crazy it is that this song came out 12 years ago but its dtill relevant to so many couples today. She likes to watch people. She sees the lingering looks she sees that many people around her are fools in love.

"Hey, Lyds what ya thinking bout?"

Lydia sits up and gestured towards the space next to her. Johnny sat down and waits for his sisters thought of the day. Its a daily routine for them. Lydia likes to come home and think. Johnny loves to come home his and hear his sister's thoughts.

"Why do so many people turn into fools when it comes to love? I mean we got the peoples who dont show their love in fear of somethin bad happenin and they screw up any chance they have and then we have the peoples who are too willing to let people walk all over them. Its like ma and pa they walk all over eachother. Does love make people so stupid that they dont know how to function normally anymore?"

Johnny is a little taken aback by his sister's thoughts. Anyone would be really. No 16 year old girl is thinking thoughts about love like lydia. Lots of girls Lydia's age are thinking about falling in love and starting a family. But lydia just wants to figure out why people do things that seem so strange for love.
"Well baby sis, its like this. You love someone and you wants the best for em. So you either stay away thinking its the best for em or you give em what they want. And sometimes what they want is to walk all over you. Thats just the way it is."

"So is that why you stay away from allison?"

"No, I stay away from Allison cause she's a wolf. We aint supposed to be messing around with no wolves."

"But Johnny, I see the way you look at her. Do you think the best thing for her is you staying away?"

"Look babysis, it ain't about love right now. Its about balance. She's a wolf. I'm the leader of the foxes. I can't love a wolf. When we get older maybe. But right now the wolves and the foxes are enemies. You can't go steady with your enemy. You hate your enemy. You do what you can to keep balance.Even if that is staying away from someone you love. "

"Okay, well im going to do my homework."

"Alright."

Johnny got up and walked out the room looking at his sis one more time before closing the door. Once the door was closed lydia got up and fell on to her bed. She doesnt get why foxes and wolves hate eachother but she knows if everyone just keeps maintaining the balance theynwont be happy.

Balance is overrated.

~

Hi, um I dont know why but I decided to write a 50s themed fanfiction. This is just a sneek peek kind of. This is my second book so go easy on me with your criticism. I'm still not entirely sure I'll continue this so if you're intrested in reading the rest comment.

Felice