Preamble

In the beginning, there was only the void, an infinite abyss, dark and formless, where neither light nor darkness had yet found their place. But from the unfathomable depths of this abyss, Skyara was born—a world woven from light and wind, suspended between the stars and the void. No one knows what forces brought this celestial realm into existence or what powers shaped its contours, but ancient tales, carved into the sacred stones of the oldest islands, speak of a primordial breath, a breath so powerful that it scattered the darkness and lifted fragments of earth into the skies, where they floated for eternity.

Skyara is not like any other world. Here, the lands are not anchored to the ground but float freely in an ocean of pure air, held in suspension by a mysterious force that the wise call the Energy of Aurëon. This energy, as elusive as the wind, flows through every stone, every tree, every living being in Skyara, connecting all things in a delicate and fragile harmony.

The islands that make up Skyara are numerous, scattered across the skies like stars in the night. Some are vast and rich, floating continents covered in lush forests, towering mountains, and sparkling rivers. Others are small and isolated, mere rocks lost in the immensity, where only the wind birds come to rest. Each of these islands is unique, with its own climate, its own fauna, and its own flora, and together, they form a world of incredible diversity, where beauty and danger coexist in a precarious balance.

In the heights of Skyara, the highest islands are bathed in eternal light, where the sun seems never to set. These lands, known as the Realms of Aurëon, are places of purity and clarity, where snow-capped mountains rise like crystal towers against an azure sky, and mirror-like lakes reflect the stars even in broad daylight. The winds that blow at these altitudes are gentle and melodic, carrying ancient melodies that only the wisest inhabitants can hear and understand. The creatures that inhabit these heights are rare and majestic, like giant eagles with golden feathers, or invisible wind spirits, who watch over these lands with eternal vigilance.

Descending lower in the skies, the islands become more varied in both size and character. It is in these intermediate regions, called the Lands of the Between-Skies, that one finds the largest cities of Skyara, built on verdant plateaus and protected by walls of stone and metal. These cities are marvels of engineering and magic, where towers rise so high that their peaks disappear into the clouds, and where suspended bridges connect the islands to one another, forming a complex network of aerial routes. The markets of these cities are bustling with the constant trade of rare and precious goods, while the academies and temples are centers of knowledge and spirituality, where scholars delve into the mysteries of the Energy of Aurëon.

The forests of these lands are rich beyond imagination, populated with fantastical creatures and plants with mysterious properties. The millennia-old trees, with trunks as wide as houses, stretch their branches towards the sky, forming canopies so thick that sunlight only penetrates through rare openings, creating a perpetual play of shadow and light. Clear rivers snake through the valleys, feeding spectacular waterfalls that plunge into the void, where their water transforms into a fine mist, wrapping the islands in a mysterious and enchanting veil.

Lower still, beneath the Lands of the Between-Skies, lie the Twilight Isles, darker and wilder lands, where the forces of nature are more violent and unpredictable. These islands, often battered by wind and lightning storms, are places of mystery and danger, where jagged mountains and deep valleys harbor formidable creatures, legendary beasts that haunt the dreams and nightmares of the inhabitants of the upper islands. The people who live in these regions are survivors, souls hardened by the constant struggle against the elements, and their villages are often hidden in deep caverns or protected by imposing fortifications.

Rumors say that it is in these Twilight lands that the last remnants of giants and dragons hide, those titanic creatures that once dominated the skies of Skyara. Legends speak of living mountains that sometimes awaken to devour entire islands, or dragons with breath so fiery it can melt stone itself. Few dare venture into these regions, and those who do rarely return, their minds marked by visions of terror and grandeur.