ch. 0

This book you are reading is fully fictional and all the names of the characters, places, etc are all the author's imagination or fictitious manner. Anything that's mentioned quite familiar or resembled in some way of form in the upcoming chapters are purely coincidental.

@ written by hyven.

NishiNishi was a nickname. A one simple nickname that everyone called and referred to those two specific people. That is Nishioka and Nishimura - using his first name. Nishioka and Nishimura knew each other since the childhood days. In those days, they were always inseparable or at least that's what grown ups said and assumed.

Assumptions.

Which in reality, was a polar opposite. Nishimura has always been careless and clumsy child, unaware of his actions. Or more to say, he never grew out of it.

As for Nishioka, she was a pliant and very complicated person. Her teachers had problems to handle her during her kindergarten days. She was "supposedly" be a normal and ordinary child but she wasn't. Her parents insisted to all of the kindergarten teachers she has been a good and well behaved child but sadly that wasn't the case. Since she had a lot of "histories" moving several kindergartens due to her problems that her parents refused to acknowledge it.

By being a pliant person, which meant she got along with other kids very easily n fastly got influenced by them regardless of their senses or personalities. And one of those kids was Nishimura Riki.

And to their words, both of the kids were too hassle to handle. First, Nishioka being "the unordinary child" and second, Nishimura being a little bit naughty, to say at least.

*

"N-nishimura... Isn't it rude to ruin drawings like that?" Nishioka asked curiously while trying to get his grip away more further from ruining it more.

"No, it's not! Look, I'm not ruinnninggg it like you said. It's like I'm adding more art! See?" Nishimura mischievously giggled as he continued, "Also who are you to say that...!". Nishioka instantly became quiet. She was complected with something on her mind but she brushed it off anyway.

"If that's so... Um, uh is it okay if I join as well?" She questioned one more time as she attempted to take the marker out of his grip.

Nishimura took a quick and annoyed glance at her, soon about to complain to teacher loudly but he didn't. Something was stopping him, so instead he let her be.

"Hmph! If you get in trouble of "ruining" it, don't try to blame me!" Nishimura snickered and got out of her sight as quick as possible, not wanting to be caught by the teachers.

And that's what happened... Nishioka indeed got caught. She explained to the teachers that it was "fun idea" suggested by someone - the fact that she didn't want reveal his name because she felt this sense of promise to not blame on Nishimura. Just like what he said.

She took all of the blame, despite in her age she couldn't tell what was right and what wasn't.

**

12th July, 2011.

All of those years, Nishimura spend his time teasing and shown all of the things that Nishioka didn't know before.

There were times Nishimura felt bad doing such silly and sometimes overboard of a typical naughty child's things to Nishioka but that didn't stop from her following his steps. She still doesn't know what's wrong or right.

"NishiNishi, aren't they cute?" One of the teachers mentions as she pointed at them while monitoring other children in the yard.

"Nishioka and Nishimura?"

"Aren't they the problematic ones?"

"What? Nooo...? Are they?"

"I'm not quite sure of myself, that's what I heard from Mrs. Jung"

"Right... They seem pretty inseparable, no wonder they are hard to handle them."

"Like this saying, they are both made for each other since the early age" Again, one of those teachers joked and they all agreed.

***

9th February, 2020

It has been a few months since both of them got reunited in Sophomore year, in the same class.

To Nishimura's eyes... Nishioka changed drastically ever since he remembered during kindergarten years. Still wore those same cute glasses but more upgraded one of course and her brown-ish black hair was longer. To him, she seemed she got her common sense, not a clueless or curious kid like back then. But to her, he was still the same.