ch. 1

At around same month, despite he 'knew' her personally because they were childhood friends at some point, Nishimura always had the braveness and guts to do something extraordinary except... He confessed to her.

Sure, it was fast and early but to his surprised she accepted it. Nishioka noticed ever since they entered Sophomore year and got into same class as Nishimura, visibly enough he had crush on her.

Nishimura would chase her - not physically but in sense that to win her over in love or crushes term. Whenever he was with her, he wanted to change. In his mind and eyes, Nishimura wanted her to see his other new side and not the same one that she used to see way back in kindergarten years

*******

04:17 pm, 17 minutes after the dismissal.

They were now walking together as they got out of the school's gate. There were tons and gazillion questions that Nishimura wanted to ask her as he constantly took a glance at her, next to him.

She's much shorter now, cute. Nishimura thought as a small smile crept on his face.

His eyes then shifted to her cute and adorable face but Nishioka seem... Expressionless as she kept her eyes on the ground while they walked.

"Is there something wrong?" Nishimura asked in a lower voice.

Nishioka immediately looked at him as shown him her small but it didn't seem genuine as she speaks.

"No, nothing's wrong" A dead silence appeared between them. Then she continues.

"Just... Why do you like me?"

Oh. What a perfect question. He thought as he sighed while looking away.

"Why? It's because-"

"Don't you hate me?" Nishioka interrupted. She didn't knew exactly why she interrupted, she just did. Scared of an answer that he will give.

"What...? I don't hate you?" He gave an answer, still questioning himself. The atmosphere was indeed thick.

"Oh. Funny, I thought you did" She chuckled a bit coldly in response.

And yet again... There was another silence.

"Please don't remind me of anything in the past that we did together. It's quite embarrassing to even think about it..."

Nishimura then stopped in his pace and walked in front of to get clear view of her.

"Nishioka, is something up?" He said while gently looking at her as well worried.

"No and please stop asking me" Nishioka answered coldly while fixing her glasses.

"But-"

"CAN YOU PLEASE SHUT UP!" Out of nowhere she bursted out of anger, looking up at him. And that got him heart broken a bit. Nishimura was actually trying his best to change and not to be 'his past self'.

Not for a few seconds... He saw her tearing up. To be honestly speaking, Nishimura is a bit clueless what to do because he was never good at comforting people especially for someone he likes or even show love of affection. Nishioka was really his life changer, a light for him.