TWO

AURORA

When I wake up, I'm in my bed and I know I didn't fall asleep in it.
I passed out from the living room.
I could have settled for a couch with how knocked out I ended up.
But I'm in a bed.
Well, kudos to drunk me.

I have a serious headache, but I know can't let it keep me in bed. I should go to find medicine for it.
So I slip out of my bed and tip-toe out of my bedroom with one eye closed and the other opened.

I walk through my hallway for water but when I stumble on something in the living room.
I open my eyes and a gasp falls out of my lips. I raise my hands over to my mouth.

What is this?
The curtains in my living are on, stopping any sort of light from entering. But I can see. My living room is lighted up by many electric candles that are sprayed all over the place. They don't make a mess instead they make a pathway that leads to my television.

There are red petals all over the candles. Who did this?

I continue the pathway of candles and red petals up and another gasp falls out of my lips.

"W—what—is—is—this?"

"Will you accept?" I gasp again at the voice I was so mad at.
However, it's not so hard to see that that's a thing of the past now.

"Enzo," I whisper.

"I know I'm late, babe. But they say better be late than never." He walks in from the kitchen and slowly steps a few steps beside the television.
The candles reflect his side profile and make him look like he is coming straight from a dream. Perhaps he is.
Perhaps I'm dreaming. But do I care?
No. As long I don't get to wake up.

"Last night I got stuck in traffic. I wanted to make it to you. To pose this question. But it was now or never, okay not never-never but get the sentiments." I chuckle at that.
Oh my God, he is proposing to me in my over worn oversized T-shirt. On second thought, I think it is Enzo's.
I'm barefoot, I look a mess, and let's not forget about the serious headache.

But I can't help but feel my heart swell. This is a dream come true.
"Back to me babe," I smile.
He knows I had zoned out.

"I love you, Aurora. I love you so much. The past years we have been together you have stolen my breath, my heart, my soul, and the mere reason for living. Now I live for you, your happiness, your love, and your whole being. So, does it make me crazy to live my life depending upon yours, probably. Do I care? No. Then Aurora Sawyer, will you make me the happiest man alive by wearing this ring that resembles our united love forever?"

I could cry.
Where did he learn from such sweet words? Enzo has never been good with words before.

I look at him as he gets down on one knee and pulls a box from the inside of his blazer. When he opens it, a big diamond catches my attention. "What do you say, Aurora? Will you marry me?" I'm crying but it has nothing to do with sad tears.
These are happy tears.

I start nodding my head as a sob breaks out of me. "Oh my God, yes," I say crying. I run to where he is.
"Slow down, babe."

Can I? No.
I feel flushed.

I let him put on the ring on my finger.
But I can't stop crying.
He gets on his feet and puts his arms around me. "Come on now, stop crying." Can I? No.

I tighten my arms around his waist and cry into his chest like my life is ending when it's quite the opposite of that. My life is starting and it looks quite beautiful and very promising from where I am on this side.
I can't quite wait for it.