Love Blooming

The following Wednesday, you nervously waited to see if Mingyu would sit next to you again. Even though you barely talked the first day, you knew deep down that you wanted to see him again. Five minutes before class started, you felt someone shuffle to your left and sit right next to you. You were nervous to look, because if it was someone else, then your fantasy (a fantasy you created for a boy you barely met) would come to an end.

As you looked up and into the eyes of the person next to you, you recognized the dark, beautifully warm eyes, and you knew instantly that it was, in fact, Mingyu again.

Mingyu: "Hey, Y/N. Are you glad I didn't scurry in last minute like last time?"

Caught off guard again, you fumbled with your words, stumbling to open your laptop.

Y/N: "Hey, Minkyu. I'm glad the attention isn't on us like last time."

Then it hit you... 

YOU SAID HIS NAME WRONG.

You were so nervous trying to make a new friend (maybe even a boyfriend??) that his name just slipped out wrong. Out of everything that had to happen, how could you get his name wrong, you wondered.

Y/N: "I MEAN MINGYU! It's Mingyu, right? I'm so sorry; I'm bad with names."

You weren't bad with names, but if saying that could get you out of this sticky situation, then by God, please let it work. Mingyu looked at you with a blank expression; it felt like an impossible task to read his face. Just when you thought you'd lost a new friend as quickly as you'd gained him, his eyes softened, and he let out a big laugh, allowing you to finally take a breath.

In between laughs, he was finally able to speak again.

Mingyu: "Yes, my name is Mingyu. I didn't think my name was too difficult to remember, but I'll let it slide this time." He said with a joking tone.

After class, you started to get up to leave when you heard Mingyu call out to you.

Mingyu: "WAIT for me, Y/N!"

This surprised you a little, as you hadn't expected him to follow you after class. But then again, you weren't complaining, as a smile started to grow across your face. You stopped dead in your tracks, unlucky for you, because you didn't gauge how far back he was. Just like that, you felt an incredibly strong force hit you from behind. It pushed you so hard that you started to stumble and fall. But just as quickly as you began to fall, you stopped. That's when you felt a firm grip on your left arm. You felt someone holding you from behind, preventing you from falling to your death (not actually to your death, but you do love to be dramatic at times like this!). When you looked up to see who the hand belonged to, you saw a tall, muscular man with the warmest brown eyes holding you up. Then you realized it was Mingyu; of course, the beautiful face had to be stunning all around.

Mingyu: "I'm so sorry; I didn't expect you to stop, and I guess I didn't realize the force I was traveling at and nearly pushed you to the ground. And I guess I should have watched where I was going, but I was just trying to catch up and-"

You let out a chuckle and then a full-out laugh once you were able to balance again.

**Mingyu's POV**

Mingyu looked at you with a puzzled expression, wondering if he hadn't caught you in time and if maybe you hit your head. God, if he sent someone to the hospital during the first week of classes, he could never forgive himself. While his mind raced with thoughts about where the nearest hospital was and whether he could carry you, you finally spoke up.

Y/N: "I'm fine." You said, starting to chuckle again. "It was my fault to begin with. I heard you calling for me and stopped too quickly without realizing you were right behind me. So I should be the one apologizing to you. I'm sorry for making you worry so much and causing you to run into me." You said with a big grin on your face.