Chapter 7

The very next morning, it was a strange morning indeed. The pilots were all eating a playing as per usual before deployment. For the past week they had been deploying in shifts to have at least three members stationed in the living quarters. Yet that day, all of them have left at once upon receiving an alarm of a possible invasion.

Out of all, the only unit remained behind were the captain of the squad as his rig hasn't finished its overhauling process. He was rather nonchalant about it as he went on to do his own business. That leaves only the guest in the house. She could go for a walk around the house or play some games, but she opted to stay put in the living room as her own game has begun.

"In a few moments, the captain is surely-"

"Surely what?" Suddenly the aforementioned male appeared right besides her

"Uh, good morning captain." She awkwardly waved it off

"Morning. How are you feeling today?"

"I'm doing just fine." She shows that she's in fact healthy. "It's kinda feels lonely with everyone going out at once. Thankfully you're still here to keep me company."

"Surely you would prefer to be completely alone." Wan sat down opposite from her

"By whatever you mean by that captain."

Although she tries to laugh it off, his eyes showed a degree of intensity showing that he's not messing around. The cold dead eyes of a killer machine devoid of any intent or lack thereof, yet she knew that her life is in danger this very second.

"Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Lets play a game." Wan calmly invited. "I ask a series of questions, you answer them. For every question I asked, you can ask me a question of your own. Sounds easy right?"

A clear shock were quite visible to her facial muscles as she didn't expect that at all. In fact this is quite a rare opportunity for her to ask the usually silent captain some questions of her own choosing. To that note she subtly nods in agreement.

"That sure does sounds interesting."

"There is however one rule." Wan lifts one finger emphasizing his words. "The answer to the questions must be the absolute truth. Break this rule, then you'll lose."

"How can you be certain when I lie?"

"I have my methods." He simply answered

"And how can I be certain that you're not gonna be lying yourself?"

"I'm a machine. This is my own game and I will obey the rules as a machine should. If I did lie, I would forfeit and be declared dishonourable. Now then, are there any more doubts?"

"Seems fair enough. I really do want to get to know more about you captain." She said satisfied with the rules

"Then let the game begin. First question." Wan leaned forward resting his elbows on both his legs with his fingers intertwined. "Are you a female?"

"Why yes, of course I am." Umai swiftly answered. "My turn. Do you have emotions?"

"No, I do not."

"That sounded like a lie." She were quick to accuse him

"I'm merely stating the truth. The reason you might see emotions within us is simply because we emulate them. We do not feel the actual emotions." Wan briefly explains

"Do you not feel pain?"

"That's a question. It is my turn right now." Wan simply stated