Chapter 1 ۵ Moving

YARA'S POV

The screeching alarm jolted me awake, groaning my hand made its way over to silence it with the last bit of energy it had. My hand froze when I saw the time. It was already 7:30am......fuck!

"Oh no, no, no! I'm so stupid ughhhhhh" I muttered, throwing off the covers and leaping out of bed. I was meant to wake up at 5am. Well this is just great! Maybe I should hire someone to drag me out of bed because this whole alarm thing never works out for me.

Today was supposed to be perfect. I was moving into my university. I've been waiting for this day for years. I mean I've had it all planned out: wake up early, double-check my packing, have a nice breakfast with my family, and then head to London to move into my dorm. But now, everything was falling apart all because I was too lazy to wake up the first 50 times my alarm went off. Why am I like this? I questioned myself.

But that wasn't the worst part. My room looked like a tornado had struck. Clothes were scattered everywhere, on the floor, hanging out of drawers, and half-packed in my suitcase. If only I was rich and could hire someone to do pack for me. Why was this so much more difficult than I had imagined. I grabbed whatever I could find and shoved  it into my suitcase, not caring if they were folded or not. I didn't have time to make my suitcase look presentable.

As I wrestled with the zipper on my overstuffed suitcase, my phone buzzed on the nightstand. Rolling my eyes I grabbed my phone saw a text from Leila making me smile. Leila was my best friend the last time we saw each other was a month ago because she moved to America with her family. I will never forgive her for that but at least she's having fun in the big city whilst I'm stuck her sitting on a suitcase trying to get it to close, oh and not to mention profusely sweating from all the hard work

'Ur still moving to London today right?????? Or have you decided to stay buried under ur bedsheet? Lol'

I chuckled and quickly typed back, 'Girl you don't understand I'm on the verge of jumping out of my window. I'm running late and my room look like a homeless persons been in here'

Leila replied almost instantly I could tell she was laughing at me through the other side of the screen 'well don't jump out of the window yet girl at least wait until you see me again hehe 😈' I rolled my eyes. Damn I miss her.

'Sounds like a tempting offer. Fine if I'll wait' I texted back, sheepishly smiling at the screen. I was about to reply to the next message Leila sent but I heard my mum call my name from downstairs.

With a deep breath and one last look at my chaotic room, I rushed to grab my multiple suitcase and boxed and dragged them one by one out of my room and down the stairs. This is probably the most calories I've burnt on this year.

In the kitchen, my mum was busy packing food into a container for me. She looked up as I entered, her expression turned judgemental "You know Yara I'm never believing you when you say you'll wake up early" she said

"Yeah that's probably for the better mama" she chuckled at my response.

"I can't believe my little girls finally going to university. Didn't think that was possible" she joked.

"Thanks mama........I think" I was definitely taking offence to the last part of her statement.

My dad appeared from the living room, his usual smile a bit more subdued today. "Got everything?" he asked, glancing at my piles of luggage.

"Yeah pretty sure I do" I said, though I wasn't completely sure.

We shared a quiet breakfast together, trying to savor the last moments before I left. My younger sister Jasmine who was 16 shuffled in halfway through our breakfast, still half asleep, and plopped down at the table. "Don't forget to text me when you get there," she mumbled through a mouthful of toast. Her eyes were still closed shut.