Shy Teens Suffering Silently

January 25th, 1986

The past few days were some of the best days you had ever had, though you didn't even do much. Your boyfriend, Pål, had just finished the a-ha world tour and he was finally able to see you after months on the road. Though the two of you were never in a serious kind of relationship, you both loved each other deeply, even though you were both too shy to admit that to each other. And even though you two had never told each other this, you never touched each other, and you two had never even kissed on the lips, you both knew that you did indeed care deeply for each other.
Pål had gone to the restroom a few minutes earlier, and you sat on your bed and watched the rain hit the window. You were in deep thought, thinking about what was going to happen to you and Pål's relationship after a-ha recorded a new album and went back on tour again.

"You alright?" You heard a soft, Norwegian voice say. You turned your head and saw Pål standing in the doorway, smiling at you.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just...deep in thought, I guess." You said as he proceeded to sit next to you. He didn't say anything for a while, he just watched the rain along with you.

"What's on your mind?" He asked after a few minutes, moving closer to you so that your legs were touching. You didn't want to tell him what you were thinking, mostly because you didn't want to get upset in front of him and you didn't want him to get worried.

"Nothing that you need to worry about, Pål." You said softly, resting your head on his shoulder.

"Come on, you can tell me." He said, looking at you with his beautiful, green eyes.

"I don't want you to worry about it. It's my own problem." You answered, looking back at him.

"Please tell me. I won't get worried, okay?" He smiled at you. You really didn't want to tell him, but it seemed as if you didn't have a choice now.

"I just-," you sighed, "I was wondering what was going to happen to us, our relationship, when your back in the studio. You're probably going to do another tour, and then we'll be apart again." You wrap your arm around him. "I just don't want this moment to end. I want you here."
He frowned and looked at you.

"You don't need to worry about that right now, okay? I'm sure I can work something out. I don't want us to be...some shy teens suffering silently, or whatever." He chuckled softly, trying to lighten the mood. You gave him a small smile in return, still a bit worried. He could tell; you rested your head on his shoulder and inhaled his scent. He smelt amazing to you. You looked up at him, feeling a little less worried.
"Come on, I don't want you to feel sad while I am here, okay?" He said, turning to face you. You sat up a bit, sitting cross legged in front of him. You both stared at each other for a moment in silence, other than the rain puttering against the window. You saw his hand start to reach out to you, but he hesitated and pulled it back. He suddenly got all shy and nervous again, looking away from you and down at his lap.

"Now, what's wrong? You had confidence a moment ago. And you made me feel a lot better." You moved a bit closer towards him as he looked up at you, looking a bit anxious.
"I'm sorry. I did not mean to make you upset."

"It's okay. I just..." He sighed.

"Come on. Talk to me."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"I guess I'm just as I described, eh? Another...shy teen suffering silently."

"Why are you suffering? What is wrong?"
He just shook his head and looked away. You, for some odd reason, had suddenly felt an outburst of confidence rise in you. You got a bit closer to him and took his chin in your hand, turning his head so that he was facing you. You then moved your face closer and pressed your lips against his. He was a little taken aback and gasped at first, but soon melted into the kiss. As soon as you realized what you had just done, you pulled back. Pål had a cheeky grin on his face, despite his shyness from moments ago and how flustered he looked.
"I'm sorry. I just...couldn't help myself."
He stayed silent for a moment, looking at you with that same grin plastered on his face.

"That's why I've been 'suffering', you know. Everytime I look at you, it gets harder and harder to contain myself. I just wanted to do something like that."

"Pål..." You paused. "You should've told me."

"I should've told you, I know. But," he placed his hand on your cheek, "I couldn't make a mistake and lose you forever, eh? At least we...know now."

"Yeah..." You looked into his eyes and gave him a small smile.

"Do you mind if you could...do that again?" He asked softly, his eyes lingering down at your lips for a moment. You didn't even answer him before you leaned forward and kissed him again. He smiled against your lips for a moment before relaxing into the kiss, wrapping his arms around you and bringing you closer to him. He put one of his hands in your hair and gently ran his fingers through it as he laid back into your bed, making you lay on top of him. The two of you continued your make out session until things started getting a little more heated.

"Gud...du er så vakker, kjære..." Pål murmured as he continued to kiss you. You weren't exactly sure what it meant, as you were still learning Norwegian for Pål's sake, but you trusted it meant something good and placed your hands gently onto his backside. He stopped kissing you for a moment when he felt you do this and rested his head in the crook of your neck, whimpering softly.
"Gud, kjærlighet. Tingene du gjør mot meg..." He spoke softly before lifting his head slightly and kissing your jaw. After a moment, he looked out the window and noticed that it was completely dark out and that the rain had stopped. He looked at the clock and noticed it was already midnight, then looked up at you and noticed how tired you were getting.
"You...tired?" He asked.

"Um, a little. Yes." You responded. He laid next to you, then reached over to the table beside the bed and turned the light off.
"I don't want to go to sleep though. After all that's happened today...I want to keep going.." You trailed off, feeling more tired.

"It's alright. Get some rest, dear. I'll be here in the morning." He moved closer to you and kissed your head softly, noticing you had already closed your eyes.
"Good night, love." He whispered, kissing your cheek softly before going to sleep himself.

For en flott dag det hadde vært.

Note: Happy belated birthday, Pål! Sorry it has taken me so long to publish another story (not that anyone reads these anyways), I have been writing a lot but can't get myself to finish a single story, but here is one I finished after writing it on and off for a month lol. Sorry it's terrible. Still learning Norwegian myself. <3