nine

The day Klaus was marrying Stefan Salvatore and Kayleigh. They were having a small ceremony so Kayleigh got to pick what she likes to wear. Something less fancy. Rebekah looked at her dear friend. "Now, explain to me why you don't want a wedding dress...."

"Because I don't care for fancy things or expensive things. Yes, I have the money, but I never found the one." She tells her as they watched Leon feed. "Leon has his humanity off for some odd reason, but I think that is the other reason because he is not making my wedding day....bloody."

The blonde nodded as her friend looked at her. "I'm ready to marry Stefan."

"Let's go."
~~~
Stefan looked at Leon, but he saw someone he hasn't seen in a long time. "I'll be back. Leon, don't ruin this."

Leon rolled his eyes as Stefan walked out of the building. He hugged Damon as soon as the door shut. "Where's my sister in law?"

"Hasn't came yet. She should be coming soon." He tells him. "I can't believe that you are truly here."

"Well, I can't miss one of my little brother's weddings, but then again, you are my favorite." He tells him. "Go back in, I'll go surprise Kayleigh later."

Stefan nodded as he walked back in. Damon followed, but he stood in the shadows so Leon won't see him. He is not missing Stefan and Kayleigh's wedding. Especially knowing the two have been together before the brothers were turned. Seeing his best friend, Damon smiled as she walked down the aisle to Stefan. Seeing the same look of love on their faces meant the world to him.
~~~
After the wedding, Rebekah and Leon left for the bar again with Klaus as Stefan had to show his wife something. "Stefan?"

"Hello, Kayleigh Salvatore."

Turning around, Kayleigh couldn't believe her eyes. "Damon?" She says as he held his arms out for her causing her to hug him. "What are you doing here?"

"Like I'm going to miss the wedding." He tells them. "I'm glad Leon didn't mess it up."

"He would be one less Salvatore." Kayleigh tells him as she saw someone. "Umm...I'll be right back."

Stefan watched his wife walk away causing him to look at Damon. "Damon, I believe that Katherine isn't in the tomb. Over the years, where we finally found Leon, we have been trying to help him. We found this friend who said she will help." He tells him. "Kayleigh has been seeing glimpses of Katherine, but before she gets to speak, the girl was gone."

Damon nodded as Kayleigh ran back to them. "We need to go get Leon. There is a vampire hunter asking around for two people." She tells him. "Damon, we will see you later."

"Of course, we're family."

"Bye." Damon watched them leave causing him to do the same, but for a split second, he thought he saw Katherine watching Kayleigh.
~~~
"Klaus, there is a guy here looking for you and Rebekah." Stefan tells him as Klaus stepped out to the newly weds.

Klaus knew who it was and looked at them. "I'm sorry you two, but this if for your protection."

Kayleigh and Stefan were confused till he compelled their memories of Klaus and Rebekah away. The wedding still happened, but the memory of their friends were long gone.