Bonding

After 40 minutes the group was eating their burnt soup that Devion made, Beetle was slowly eating it and gagging because he didn't like mushrooms, Jasper didn't finish his and gave it to Polaris, who somehow liked it.

"Who burns soup?" Jasper asked.

"Dustin would always cook, not me" Devion answered.

For a moment the group was quiet, since Dustin was brought up the vibe was off, Devion got quiet and quit eating.

"You miss him?" Beetle asked.

"What do you think!?" Devion answered.

"Just asking...I think we all do, he was nice" Beetle replied.

"He wasn't just nice, he was the sweetest guy, best personality ever, he could cheer anyone up. He was handsome too, if cancer hadn't gotten to him I'd be a lot happier, I'd have a reason to live!" Devion said.

"Don't say that, we need you, are we not a reason to live?" Polaris said, "We are your friends"

"No, I don't need you guys as I need him, yes you might be my friend and that's the reason why I haven't offed myself yet, I care for y'all's feelings" Devion replied.

"So without us, you'd be dead?" Beetle asked.

"Does he need to repeat himself?" Jasper told Beetle while nudging him.

"I'd kill myself on the first day without him," Devion said.

With all of this, it was stressing Beetle out, his sister was missing and his best friend was ready to die at the age of 16, Beetle gave his food to Polaris and scooted over to Devion, and leaned on him.

"Thanks for trying to cook," Beetle said.

"You're welcome" Devion replied.

Again it was quiet, Beetle fidgeted with his mother's locket that was on his neck, Devion put an arm around Beetle and held him close, Polaris threw a mushroom at Jasper and then Jasper threw a medium-sized rock at Polaris.

"OW!" Polaris yelled, "Devion! Jasper attacked me!"

"NO, I DID NOT!" Jasper screamed.

"Both of you please shut up!" Devion said.

Polaris and Jasper both did shut up but they did glare at each other for a while, Devion then looked down at Beetle who was spacing out.

"How are you doing after the murder?" Devion asked.

"Hm? Oh, I'm ok I guess, I feel bad about killing my father but also...did he deserve it? Also, I miss my mother and I wish she wasn't wrapped up in his lies to the point she can't live without him. What about me? Why couldn't she live for me? I want my momma back" Beetle said.

"First off, Yes I believe that your father deserved death I hope that sick fucker is burning and rotting in the deepest part of hell" Devion responded, "but for your mother, I believe that she was too far deep into his manipulative lies and he made her believe she needed him, your mother was amazing, she was so sweet to me, she was so sweet to all of us"

"Yeah, your mother made us feel safe and welcomed" Jasper added on.

"Yeah, especially when we didn't feel safe, I mean even though we are our father's kids he will still kill us off if we do something wrong and could hurt the mafia...your mother made us feel safe," Polaris said.

"You guys can die from your family?" Beetle asked.

"Yeah, it's a mafia, it's not cool or anything it's a death sentence even if you talked about it" Polaris answered.

"Then why are you talking about it?" Devion asked.

"You guys are our best friends and know not to run your mouths so we can trust you with this information" Jasper answered.

Devion shrugged and then stared at the fire, Beetle continued to lean on him, and Jasper and Polaris did the same thing, the fire was quiet but calming.

"Devion?.." Beetle said.

"Yea?" Devion answered.

"Do you think we'll find my sister?" Beetle asked while spacing out at the fire.

"Hopefully, we should, I mean like the girl is 7 she couldn't have gone far unless she was kidnapped but Diana is too annoying to get kidnapped" Devion answered.

"It doesn't matter if she was annoying, she still could have been kidnapped," Jasper said to Devion.

"Would you want to kidnap an annoying child?" Devion asked Jasper.

"I don't want to kidnap a child at all" Jasper answered.

"Can we stop talking about kidnapping children?" Beetle asked.

The group is quiet again and then Devion stands up and stretches, he then puts the fire out with snow and the four are cold again.

"Come on, it's late, let's get some rest," Devion said then he left to get in his RV.

The three boys followed their friend into the RV and got comfy in their sleeping spots.