#̶1̶

ENTRY ONE:
All I can remember is the sheer terror in her eyes.
Her face frozen in a mask of horror.
The train's headlights cast a harsh light highlighting every detail of her fear-stricken expression.
It is etched eternally in my memory.

It wasn't my fault.
- ᵀᵉⁿʸᵃ ᴵⁱᵈᵃ

"You seem unusually vibrant today, any particular reason?" I questioned, smiling goofily at the girl beside me

"You seem unusually vibrant today, any particular reason?" I questioned, smiling goofily at the girl beside me. She proudly skipped ahead of me, jumping over logs in her path.

"Of course!" Y/N beamed brightly, "It's our anniversary, I'm bound to be happy." I shook my head at her childishness, a vibrant smile adorning her soft features.

Our one year anniversary.

I smiled at the thought, tightening my bag straps onto my shoulders.

Sprinting down the short dirt path, Y/N spun on her heels. "You walk so slow, come on!" We had been traveling around a fairly new nature walk, and she'd convince me that soon we'd find the "perfect picture spot".

"Here!" She cheered, pushing past old trees, stumbling over the train track. "The sun is facing me, so it'll look perfect!"

I fought a smile that threatened to show, digging through my brown pouch I ripped out her cyan polaroid. She twirled excitedly in attempts to get the perfect pose.

"You used all of your film, remember?"

"Really?"

"Unfortunately, yes."

"Oh."

She stared at me before cracking a small smile, "Do me a favor?" She asked sweetly, clasping her hands together while swinging back and forth.

"I left some in your truck, it's in my backpack!"

Rolling my eyes, I turning on my heels at a tantalizingly slow pace. I laughed at the sound of her groan of impatience, picking up my speed and jogging back to the white vehicle. Swinging open my passenger door, I rummaged through her small bag before grabbing everything I needed to fulfill her needs.