01

a'zaiya phillips"𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐚 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐬𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐝

a'zaiya phillips
"𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐚 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞
𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐬𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐝."

_
_

a'zaiya sighed lowly to herself as she stood in the dmv.

this was her third time being back within a week due to them needing unnecessary information that they thought to be so important.

she was starting to feel like they just didn't want to give her the license. she always felt like people had it out for her even if she didn't know them.

a'zaiya grew up heavily sheltered. by the time she was introduced to the real world she realized she liked it better inside. she was always in her head and paranoid.

overthinking was her middle name.

this situation however, made sense. the lady that was issuing her license kept giving her weird looks. she looked like she was in her forty's, so a'zaiya wondered what her beef with a 20 year old was.

she decided to shrug it off and opened her phone to instagram.

she rolled her eyes at the first post that popped up on her feed

she rolled her eyes at the first post that popped up on her feed. it seems like after that day in the car, elijah has been everywhere and it started to bother her.

she stood up straighter and walked to the window when her name was called.

"yes so ms. phillips, you're all set, your license will be in your mailbox within the next three days." the lady said in a sweet voice.

a'zaiya automatically felt bad for thinking that the woman had some unknown vendetta against her.

"thank you so much." she replied sweetly and turned around to leave.

she walked out the building and called her brother. he was supposed to be picking her up since he was the one who dropped her off.

he also was right around the corner so it shouldn't take him long unless he was still going through the car wash.

she searched for his name in her recents and called him. after the third ring he picked up.

"yo lil ugly." benji looked at the screen and did a wave. his unreleased blasting in the car and his locs in a ponytail. "you got your license?"

"they're mailing it for some odd reason. where are you? i need you to come and get me."

"i know, i'm about to turn the corner." as soon as he said that a'zaiya heard her brothers loud voice and mentally face palmed.

if one person supported benjamin's music, it was benjiman.

he pulled up and unlocked the door. a'zaiya walked to the car and opened the door to the passenger seat.

autumn turned down the stereo and looked over at his younger sister.

"i'm so happy i won't have to drive yo little ass around nomo."

a'zaiya rolled her eyes. "okay, but i will be taking your car, considering i don't have one yet."

"girl fuck you thought?" he said laughing before pulling off.

_
_

when they reached the house she noticed a random car parked in their driveway.

"um who you got in our house unattended?" zai asked over the car roof after closing the door.

"oh yeah, elijah staying here for the night. we gotta work on some shit and it's probably gon take all night."

a'zaiya looked at her brother with a frown and walked away from the car towards the house. she didn't understand why it was so hard for benjiman to read her the way she reads him.

the day when elijah and a'zaiya were reintroduced to each other, a'zaiya's energy was off and she ended up getting an uber home from the studio early.

every time elijah is brought up her mood dampens.

even though she is over the rejection, who wants to be around that person 24/7 out of nowhere. she feels like she can't escape him.

so for him not to realize it was so frustrating to her because he's supposed to know her better than anyone.

she gets that's his friend though, so she just decided to take it to the chin and just go up to her room.

"aye tell elijah imma be in dere in a minute!"

"nigga you got a phone don't you?!"

as soon as she opened the front door, the strong smell of marijuana filled her nostrils.

her mood automatically shifted and excitement filled her presence.

she forgot she had an eighth waiting for her on the side table near her bed and damn near skipped past the living room to the staircase.

the looney tunes moment was immediately interrupted when the sound of a deep groggy voice was heard.

"damn hello to you too."

a'zaiya looked back at elijah and squinted her eyes.

"why are you talking to me?"

"i can't talk to my best friend younger sister now?" he asked sarcastically taking a hit.

she had to give it to him, he looked good, but she refused to look like an idiot and let him even think she thought that.

elijah stood up and slowly made his way towards her.

"no you cannot.. and my brother is not your best friend."

"why you so mean to me shawty? ian do shit to you." he said standing almost 2 feet away from her looking straight into her eyes.

"ion gotta answer to you, fuck you thought?" she said crossing her arms and rolling her eyes.

"damn it's like that?" he asked titling his head a little stepping forward.

"yea, and it's gonna stay exactly like that." a'zaiya told him before making her way upstairs.

elijah chuckled lowly to himself before turning around and making his way back to the couch.

"she don't even know how i'm about to have her ass." he said shaking his head and relit his blunt.