CHAPTER 2: Brutality

Calar POV

"I don't know if I want to do this... but I gotta do what Aradus says." I took a deep breath and followed into the unknown, hoping that together they could uncover the truth behind their predicament.

"Баци их!" The rebels started shooting at me, forcing me to take cover behind a nearby crate. As the gunfire continued, I knew that my only chance of survival was to stay calm and think quickly.

I started to retaliate, returning fire with precise aim and determination. The sound of bullets ricocheting off the metal crate filled the air, intensifying the urgency of the situation.

"CALAR ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" The radio chatter from Aradus brought a sense of relief, knowing that I wasn't alone in this dangerous situation.

"I'm fine, I just took down some Guesans." The adrenaline pumping through my veins fueled my focus and determination to eliminate the threat. With each shot fired, I inched closer to victory against the rebels.

"You hurt?" Aradus from the radio asked, concern evident in his voice. "My chest hurts." I replied, feeling the dull ache from where a bullet grazed me. But I pushed through the pain, knowing that the mission was far from over.

"GET DOWN." Calar threatened the rebels over the radio, his urgency clear in his tone, pointing his gun towards the enemy's location.

"Got your location, keep them seated for around 5 minutes while we get here." I nodded, adrenaline coursing through my veins as I continued to suppress the rebels.

"Немојте ни помишљати да зграбите своје оружје (Dont even think of grabbing your weapons.)" I barked at the rebels in their native language, hoping to intimidate them into submission. The seconds felt like hours as I waited for backup to arrive; every moment was crucial to ensuring our success.

"Kid, were here." Aradus running towards me, with another soldier close behind. I let out a sigh of relief, knowing that our reinforcements had finally arrived to help secure the area and eliminate the threat.

"Who's the other guy?" I asked, glancing at the unfamiliar soldier. Aradus simply replied, "That's Kaska." I nodded in approval, grateful for any additional help in our mission to maintain peace and order.

"Ziptie them." Aradus commanded, as we quickly restrained the captured rebels and prepared to transport them back to headquarters for interrogation.

"The only problem is that we're trapped in this hospital." Aradus continued, pointing out the windows barricaded by rebel forces. "We'll have to find a way out," I replied, determined to complete our mission despite the obstacles in our path.

"Listen here, give us info, and we won't shoot you, easy, right?" Aradus pointed a pistol to a rebel's head , trying to intimidate them into cooperating. The rebel's eyes widened in fear, but they remained defiant, refusing to give in to our demands.

"Safety's off, kiddo, I could shoot you at any time. Now tell me, where is the way out?" Aradus tightened his grip on the pistol, his voice low and threatening.

"Преко мог јебеног мртвог тела." The rebel refused to speak, glaring at us with defiance. Aradus sighed in frustration, realizing that this rebel was not going to make our mission any easier.

"Fine, that's how it is." Aradus pulled the trigger, a deafening bang echoing through the room as the rebel fell to the ground, lifeless. The other rebels looked on in horror, realizing that we were not to be trifled with.

"Want to end up like him?" Aradus warned, his eyes cold and unyielding. The rebels shook their heads in fear, finally understanding the consequences of defying us.

"Screw it. You're going to make the mission harder for us." Aradus pulled the trigger at the rest of the rebels, their bodies dropping to the ground one by one.

"What the fuck, Aradus!" Calar exclaimed, shocked by the sudden brutality. Aradus turned to him, a cold smirk on his face.

"They made their choice," he replied, his voice devoid of remorse. Calar's heart sank as he realized the extent of Aradus's ruthlessness, questioning whether he truly knew the man standing beside him. The silence that followed was heavy with the weight of their actions, a reminder that in war, there were no winners, only survivors.

"That's just downright cold man," Kaska muttered, her eyes filled with a mixture of fear and disbelief. Aradus simply shrugged, his gaze unwavering as he scanned the area for any remaining threats.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING ARADUS, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO GET OUT OF THE HOSPITAL, NOT KILL EVERY SINGLE GUESAN AT YOUR SIGHT!" Pronto, the coordinator of Fireteam 6, in the radio , shouted in disbelief as he watched the scene unfold on the monitor. Aradus's actions had caught them all off guard, leaving them questioning his loyalty and motives in the mission.

"Fuck, I snapped." Aradus muttered under his breath, a sense of regret washing over him as he realized the gravity of his actions. The trust within Fireteam 6 had been shattered, and Aradus knew it would take more than words to repair the damage he had caused.

"Well night's about to fall, so we need to regroup and come up with a plan to salvage the mission," Kaska suggested, trying to steer the team back on track. The tension in the room was palpable as they all knew that their success now hinged on their ability to work together despite the betrayal they had just witnessed.

"Alright then, Operation: Decovenant." Aradus declared, determined to prove his loyalty and dedication to the team. The weight of his mistake fueled his determination to make things right and earn back the trust of his comrades.

"Fine by me." Calar chimed in, a hint of skepticism in his voice as he eyed Aradus warily. The team knew that their next move would be crucial in determining the outcome of their mission, and they needed to act quickly before their enemies caught wind of their plans.

"Alright. Ready up," Aradus said, his voice filled with determination. "We need to make this count." The team nodded in agreement, each member silently vowing to put aside their doubts and work together towards a common goal.