Six

Sebastian

Two weeks later

When I leave work today I see Noah at Starbucks. I can't stand that fucker. He clearly wants Fiona to cheat with him. The other night I was not mad at first. When I saw  him hold Fiona, I didn't want her to break our cover but I couldn't blame the guy. Mean or not she's sexy as hell. But when he decided to taunt me in front of everyone, I started to dislike him. Fiona was right, I am a cocky pretty boy. I don't back down from a challenge. Telling me that i'm a " lucky guy" while staring at her tits is code for "I could be an upgrade for her." I can't let that diss slide. 

Now Noah wants to pretend like he wants to be friends with me, but he always brings up Fiona and harps on how great she is. She has been trying to keep her distance from him ever since the  barbecue night,  but he signed up for boxing classes so she has to train with him. Part of the mission is being a perfect couple so our high status neighbors actually want to associate with us. That means no hooking up with our neighbors or getting roped into an affair scandal.

"See you around Dr Smith." Noah calls out.

"You too." I lie. I grab my coffee and drive back home.

Fiona and I still get missions while we work undercover. Today we have to leave the city for one. We told our neighbors we are going to a concert in Vegas. We are really just driving to the pickup point for the agency jet. We are heading to Malibu to steal from an art thief.

When I get home, I see our next door neighbor Albert in the yard. I make sure to greet Fiona when I open the door.

"Hey baby, I'm home." I greet her.

"What are-. Oh hi honey." She says. She grabs my arm and pulls me in the house.

The door shuts and she lets go of me.

"Welcome back. We leave in 20."

"Got it." I move to walk around her but she stops me.

"Noah said he saw you at Starbucks. Did you get me anything? I'm starving."

"He texts you?"

"Yeah and it's vaguely flirty at times, but i shut it down by bringing you up. I think I might ghost him though. He is a threat to the mission and he doesn't even provide us with great intel, the Cathy's alone are more useful than him."

"Good. I hate the guy."

"Probably because he challenges you."

"Duh." I say. I walk over to the mantle, move the candle, and type in the code.

The mantle opens to display my weapons and gadgets. I grab some small throwing knives and some handguns. The art thief's home has better security than the places he steals from so i need to be ready for a fight. I also take my signal disruptors, rope, and some small bombs.

While i change in my room i hear Fiona knock.

"It's open."

"Where's my har-. Sorry, I didn't know you were changing."

"It's fine, I don't really care. Anyone would be blessed to see me like this." I shrug. I grab some pants from the bed and pull them up.