1

|Saturday, August 8|
7:39 am

I slightly open my eyes. I feel the hot light coming from outside the window streaming onto my face. I tiredly sit at the edge of my bed and look around, seeing with surprise that my room was cleaner than I thought I left it yesterday. I close my eyes for a few minutes to just appreciate the sun's ray infiltrating within the see-through curtains, making my skin get warmer where the sun could hit it. I slowly walk towards the kitchen and start to make a coffee.

As the hot liquid ,coming from the machine, pour into my favourite cup, I grab and open my phone. I quickly look at the notifications I received since the hour I fell asleep and this second. Most of them were social media posts that I haven't seen yet. Now only two of these got my attention. A reminder of today's date from my agenda and a text from my best friend, Caddie, saying:

_____________________________________
Caddie💗

6:23 AM

Bitchhh thanks for the best pre-birthday party ever!! Can't wait for round two today. I gotta go but I'll text you later girl. Love ya💋
_____________________________________

At the sight of her message, a mental snapshot of last night flashes in my mind: Me, her and multiple of other friends, sprawled on her couch, surrounded by empty presents boxes, laughing so hard our stomachs hurt. We stayed up way too late, too much food, too much wine, and way too many deep conversations.

After hearing the machine stop, I pick the mug and take a sip out of it. Tonight will be different than yesterday. She wanted to keep it low-key, just the two of us this time at her place, followed by a late night visit to Lou's bar.

I set my mug down and head back to my room to get dressed. I pull open my closet and stand there, staring blankly at the clothes. What do you wear for a casual dinner before going to a bar? After a moment of deep reflection, I decided to go for a simple yet cute outfit. I grab a short, silk dress, a leather jacket, sneakers and minimalistic jewelry.

Now that I have my outfit, I go sit down on the floor of my room, in front of my wall mirror. I open my makeup bag and do the light makeup that I always do.

Dressed and ready, I grab my keys and head out the door. As I make my way to my car, I imagine the night we will have. Knowing Caddie, a 'low-key' celebration will involve unexpected events or just trouble to get back home.
————————————————————————————

451 words.

Kinda short but it's just the intro🫤 I don't know how to feel about this...