Chapter 2

Girl Meets Boy

"Whatcha doing?" Ethan peered over his best friend's shoulder. She had been smiling like an idiot while staring at her phone for over 5 minutes. Ethan had been just standing there watching her and trying to figure out what she could possibly be smiling at. His eyes practically rolled all the way to the back of his head when he saw who she had been talking to. Lucas Friar. Of course. The girl had been out of her ordinary self ever since she was officially acquainted with the boy. She had become way more cheerful than normal (she was already kind of a more toned down version of her twin, just with a bit more responsibility) she herself didn't understand the warm bubbly feeling she had around the boy but she just couldn't help but smile at any interaction she had with Lucas. She was now always glued to her phone which Ethan was finally fed up with. He scoffed and snatched her phone out of her hands.

"Ethan! Give me back my phone!" She chased after him as he ran into her father's class.

"Excuse me, excuse me, sir! Take the phone quickly!" Ethan rushed as he ran into the class. He handed Cory Brooklyn's phone before practically jumping over a desk and into his own. Brooklyn busted into the room in a fury and other emotions she couldn't decide on at the moment.

"Give. Me. My. Phone." She seethed at the boy.

"What phone? I haven't seen a phone. Have you seen a phone? There's no phone here." Ethan shrugged off while attempting to subtly catch his breath as if he hadn't practically flew into the room moments before with the very phone the girl was demanding for.

"Down, honey." Cory shushed his daughter with a pat on her head. Brooklyn clenched her jaw and reluctantly strutted over to her desk with a huff. Ethan snickered to himself at the girl's expression which earned him a smack to the head from her as she took her seat.

"You guys don't connect with each other. It's like you can't exist without these. You use emoticons instead of emotions." Cory started as he held up Brooklyn's phone to further his point.

"You're an unfeeling generation of zombies." Cory stated. Maya and Riley leaned over and pretended to eat each other's heads like zombies.

"Stop eating her." Cory directed towards the girls. The front door of the classroom opened and in walked a student.

"You're late, Miss Myzell." Cory told the girl who only stared at him.

"My goldfish died." She stated with absolutely no emotion.

"You see? This is what I'm talking about. Miss Myzell has clearly suffered a tragic loss. Yet she does not seem in touch with her actual emotions." Cory pointed out to his class and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"'Scuze me? I am crying my eyes out." ....no she wasn't.

"I'm gonna have to leave class early." She stated and walked out of the room, slamming the door.

"Oh, she actually made it out the door this time." Cory laughed impressed and went to open the door.

"I actually made it out the door this time!" She cheered as she walked back inside and took her seat.

"Dad, adjust and deal. Cellphones have been around for, like, ever." Riley smiled up at her father.

"It'll amaze you to know that there was a whole world before you and cellphones."Cory informed the class.