Chapter 1

** Blaire's POV **

Beep Beep Beep

Waking up to the sound of my alarm, I roll over and stop it, before wiping my crusty eyes. Giving myself a nice, long stretch, I get out the bed, and go into my bathroom, flicking the light on. I wash my face and brush my teeth, before checking my phone for the time. 12:30 pm in big, bold, white letters. Unlocking the phone, I start to scroll on social media for a few, before I get a call from my best friend Layla.

"Good morning! We still up for coffee today?" She chirped. 

"Hey. And yeah, let me just put some clothes on." I said holding the phone to my ear, before I start to look in the closet for an outfit. 

"K, great. We have some things to catch up on." she said full of excitement. 

"Lay, we hung out literally not even a week ago." I laughed.

"That's not the point. The point is I miss you." she said dragging it out.

"I miss you too. I'll see you in fifteen." I said.

"Kk, see you soon." She chirped before hanging up.

 Layla and I have been friends since the sandbox. We've probably have spent almost every second of our lives together. When we both applied to the same college, of course on purpose, we were both slightly surprised on us both getting in. I don't know what i'd do without her. I finish putting on my plain outfit, and walk out of my apartment, locking the door behind me. Walking out of the complex, I start to walk to the coffee shop Layla and I always go to. Walking in, I place our orders and go to save seats for Layla and I. I start to scroll on my phone patiently waiting. A chime rings throughout the coffee shop, causing me to look up. I notice a tall boy, with dark brown hair, and a body covered in tattoos. He walked right up to the register placing his order. After a few moments, I find myself staring at him. He was handsome for sure and his tattoos just added to them. I look at my phone to check the time, when I see a text from Layla. 

Lay: I'm almost there

Me: okay

I lock my phone and look back up to find the boy walking to the other counter waiting on his order. My eyes follow his every move watching him intently. He looks over in my direction and I quickly snap my head the other way. I turn my head to see if he's still looking over here, and to no surprise, he is. We lock eyes for a few seconds before I break the eye contact. After he grabs his coffee, I see him make his way over to my table, until Layla came in sitting down. He gives me a sly wink before heading out the door. 

"Hellooooo. You okay? You seem like you're stuck in a trance." She says snapping her fingers in front of me.

"Sorry, I was just lost in thought." I say taking a sip of my hot latte. 

"Well, before I start, I need you to do me a favor." She says. 

"Depends, what's the favor?" I ask. 

"Come to a party with me. I know you don't really like parties, but there's this one boy I like, and I don't want to go alone. Can you please, please, please go with me?" She begs clasping her hands together and giving me puppy dog eyes. 

I really despised parties, but for her, I'd do anything. 

"Fine, i'll go. But you owe me one." I say jokingly pointing at her. 

"Okay, good. Now, I have so much tea to spill." She says. 

**Fast forward to the party** 

We arrive at this average looking house, plenty of cars outside the driveway and parked on the side. We go up to the door with a group of people behind us, and knock on the door.  A blonde girl opens the door and greets us into the very crowded party. 

" I'm gonna go get a drink!" I yell over the loud bass boosted music. 

She nods and I swiftly make my way through all the grinding horny young adults, making my way to the cooler. As I open it and reach for the beer, my hands meets another's. A tatted hand at that. Looking up, I notice it's the boy from the coffee shop. 

" Sorry, you can have it." he says removing his hand from the beer.

" It's fine, I'll just grab another." I smile.

I feel his eyes glued onto me as I grab the beer. 

" So, we never met properly. I'm Dylan." he says.

" Blaire." I say.

" Wanna go outside?" he asks.

I nod as we head outside to the pool  and I take off my boots and put my feet in the water.

" Sorry for staring so hard in the coffee shop." I say, making an attempt at starting a conversation. 

"No problem. You liked what you saw?" He asks in a somewhat cocky tone. 

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't." I say jokingly.

"Well, I liked what I saw in the coffee shop." He says turning to me. 

He had the prettiest dark brown eyes I've ever seen, and I could honestly just get lost in them. As the party went on, we continue talking for hours and hours on end, never having an awkward moment. I felt like I'd known him for years, and I had literally just met him. 

"I'll be back, i'm going to go get another beer." He says getting up and walking inside. 

A few moments later he comes back out with two beers, and we continue our conversation. An hour or so goes by, and Layla comes storming out the house looking for me. 

"There you are! I'm feeling a little sick and i'm ready to go." She says.

"Okay, lemme just go grab my shoes." I tell her as she walks back into the house. 

"It was really nice meeting you, but I gotta go." I say giving him a smile. 

He returns it as he looks down into the pool as his feet kick in the water. I rush in the house with Layla to find our things, and get in the car to drive back to my apartment. All that was on my mind during the drive back was that boy, and if I would ever see him again.