Chapter One

It was mid afternoon, the sky beginning to slowly fade down from its bright shade of blue, transferring to the dark, dim color of an orange-pink. The traffic starting to calm down, causing the noise and commotion to quiet down, relieving the throbbing, painful headache that was coursing through me. I took in a deep breath, trying to calm my panicking nerves as I had begin to take a few steps towards the front door, of an all too familiar house; my home. Walking through the front door, I kicked off my converse, trying to stay as quiet as I can. I didn't want my family to see me in my frantic state, I hate being questioned by everyone. It's like a never ending game of twenty questions.
I began taking small, faintly sounding steps over to the carpeted staircase as I headed down the small path to my bedroom. I'm nervous, beyond nervous for what is to come. Harry had called me a few hours back, saying that we need to talk. Instantly, I started to panic because the love of my life, told me we had to talk. I know how this goes, I've heard it all before. If Harry leaves me, I don't know what I would do with myself. I may be young, but I'm fully aware of my emotions, and how I feel about this boy; the feeling of being head over heels, for the most beautiful person I could ever plant my eyes on.
I searched around my room for my laptop, getting ready for the Skype call he told me to have a heads up for. Finding it, I place it in front of on the smoothed out bed comforter and turned it on. Inhaling a deep breath, I close my eyes as I attempted to act more, 'natural,' as people would say. the sound of the Skype ring tone rang through my ears, my eyes widening as my body jolted up, all the nervousness taking over my frail body once again. Clicking answer, I ran my fingers through my long, feathery brown hair, removing it from my face.
"Hey, Marcy." He worded, his voice raspy and deep, as his accent was prominent in his tone. I watched as the male's light pink, tauntingly plump lips, curved into such a breathtaking smile. Must I say, seeing such a relaxing feature form upon his face, made me heart pound right through my chest. Harry's smile never fails to amaze me.

"Hey.." I replied, my voice sounding croaky, and weak. Goddammit, I didn't want him to notice how much of a wreck I truly am. Guess I'm not good at hiding things when it comes to him. I hate it, because he always manages to pry the emotions out of me. This is nonsense. "What did you want to talk about, love?"

   I heard him take in a sharp intake, showing me that this wasn't going to be easy for him, or myself. There was this large gap between my question, and his response. My heart pounding, head throbbing, body going numb as his voice went hushed, but loud enough for me to hear him as his mouth moved with every word he spoke. "Baby. This isn't going to be easy for me to say to you, and please, I am begging you, hear me out, yeah? The weekend you were away, taking that trip to America.. My mom and I went to the X-Factor auditions." Harry paused, his tongue tracing over his lower lip, moistening the champed, dry lip. He let out a puff of air, continuing on with what he was saying. "I made it through. My dreams, might be able to take off. I'm happy, but I'm sad because in the end, I know that I would get too busy for you. I hate it, but I can't keep you waiting for me. I'm not leaving you, but I'm just giving you a warning. You're my angel, baby. I thought you should know."
   I knew it, Harry was going to leave me at some point, and now it was just a starters for his exiting of my life. I shook my head to myself in disbelief. I mean, I was proud of him. He was taking over his dreams, chasing them the way he should be. I want to be there for him, and I will be. I just don't want the distance to ruin everything we fought so hard for. Two years with him, and I'm not ready for it to come crashing down. "Harry. It's okay. I'll be here, waiting for you to finish with the competition. I'm proud of you, conquering everything you wanted. Good luck, handsome. I love you." I stated softly, a small smile appearing on my face as I looked back at the camera for the first time since I answered. I heard the ringing of my mom's voice chirp through my house, her telling me it was now time for dinner. "Talk later, yeah? I have to go. Mom is calling me down."

"Of course." He nodded, another winsome smile crossing over his lips as he realized that I didn't appear to be as upset and he thought. "I love you, beautiful." With that, I closed my laptop, ending the call as I stood from my comfortable position. I want to be happy. I want to be truly happy because my boyfriend is able to run after the thing he loves most. I just don't want to lose him along the way. I may sound selfish for being upset, but I can't help it. I'm not really hungry,my appetite has completely vanished from me, but I didn't want my parents to stress or freak I'm not eating.

   I walked back down the stairs, trying to hide the sadness behind a smile. I make my way over to the dinning room table, taking my usual seat. I feel bad, because my mom cooked so much food for us, and I know I won't be eating a lot. We all sat at the table, a large grin on both of my parents face. I mean, they normally are happy people, but this seems more than usual. I furrowed my eyebrows, placing a small amount of food on my plate as I stared them down. "Alright. What's going on?" I asked, a slightly laugh passing my lips, vibrating my throat. Without a response, I felt two hands grab onto my shoulders, shaking me as a voice yelled my name. I screamed at the top of my lungs, being easily frightened. A few seconds later, I heard that laugh, the one I missed. My eyes turned from a saddened shade of blue, to a bright and vibrant color. Showing excitement as I instantly turned around, my arms failing around before I engulfed the person that scared me.

"Jessica!" I squealed loudly, my arms snaking around her neck as my hug tightened it hold around me. It was my sister. I haven't seen her in months, because she's been at college, focusing on nothing other than her studies. Jessica may be my older sister, but she was also my best friend. It was like she knew exactly when I needed her, and right now was one of those times.