Chapter 5 Escape

Moments later, Nothing loses his fear and continues to stare at the white lion. He is very determined to do something.  Nothing positions himself for a possible fight against the white lion. Quickmane comes roaring out of nowhere, charging at Ghost.  Feather  is relieved to see his father fighting that lion.  

Ghost manages to get rid of Quickmane with several wounds, then he is surprised to see the whole pack together furious after Quickmane , nothing was turning out as he had planned to get the cream lioness out of the pride.   

Quickmane growling:  Get off our land , No mane ! - powerstrike , Waterhunter , Farleap , Silentstalk e Hover  with menacing looks, they growl, showing their claws to the intruder. 

Ghost runs away. Quickmane gives a loud roar, warning this lion not to set foot on their land again. Nothing breathes a sigh of relief. 

Quickmane  worriedly approaches his son. 

Quickmane:  Did he hurt you ?Feather ashamedly tells to his father to stop sniffing him, because he's fine. 

Quickmane: Don't ever do that us again . we we're so worried .he hugs his son. 

Feather: Nothing happened dad , I 'm fine! said the angry little cub. 

Quickmane tells Waterhunter to take the cubs back to the rest area.

Waterhunter: Yes, my love. Feather, come! - she approaches worried and angry, she picks up her son.

Feather: Put me down, mom, I'm okay! I wanna stay with Nothing! - Waterhunter whispers to Feather to be quiet and when they get to the rest area, they'll have a very serious talk. 

Nameless sister 2 : You almost died ,  Feather . - The Nameless sister 1 agrees, saying that No manes eat the cubs and that they almost died.

After Waterhunter and his cubs have left Quickmane's sight, he turns to Nothing who is cowering in the corner.

Quickmane snarls: How dare you? - Nothing apologizes.

Quickmane snarls: You sorry?! You left my daughters alone. You took my son away from the safety of the Sisters  Steppe , even though you knew there were No manes in the area! - Nothing tries to explain.

Nothing: That wasn't a No mane , I don't know what he was . Fire told me ... Without meaning to, she talks about her brother, making Quickmane angrier than he already was.

Quickmane: Your brother was here?! - Quickly Nothing lies saying no. 

Quickmane: Do not lie to your Mane, Nothing ! - Nothing explains fearfully that Fire paid her a visit and Feather insisted on going with her, but he wasn't in any danger. 

Quickmane makes two scratches above Nothing's eye where he hurt her when she was a cub .  Blood begins to trickle from the lioness's eye. 

Quickmane: I don't know why the goddesses punished us with you, but that ends now ! You've always been a curse! - Quickmane raises a paw to end Nothing once and for all.

Nothing hears thunder and two sudden flashes of lightning. Several raindrops wet Nothing's nose. Everyone looks up to see the sun being covered by heavy gray clouds. Then it starts to rain heavily. 

Silenstalk :  Why is it raining ? it's dry season ! Shocked and afraid, Powerstrike says that Sharptongue was right. The goddesses are angry. 

Quickmane looks at Nothing in fear. 

Quickmane : You did this... You're a demon! I've known that since you were young! - Nothing says she didn't do it.