06. FOURTH OF JULY

𝐓he next morning, everyone (excluding Higgins) was woken up early to raise the flag outside on the wooden porch (?) by the water and to free the now healed bird, celebrating the Fourth of July

After such, Y/n was downstairs inside with the rest of the women, spread out in the room. Some of the were helping in the kitchen, Sally and Roxanne making clothes, why Y/n didn't know. Turns out, all the adults had a meet up last night as Higgins exited the closet, clearly still half-drunk from last night. With the Lamonsoff's dog, Curly.

Wincing, she watches as an angry expression formed on Roxanne's face as she spoke to someone on Lenny's phone that had rang earlier.

The h/c-nette girl snapped out from slicing tomatoes when she heard yelling and ruckus outside. Everyone began to rush out of the house, walking down to the spot where they had raised the flag earlier only to see Higgins balancing on the pole, trying to get away from Rob hitting him with a board.

She sighed, not wanting to witness with the whole ordeal so early in the morning and walked back inside, going back to her action of cutting the red vegetable.

Later that day, they drove to a local and bigger lake nearby with a horse carriage, just a lot less fancier.

Arriving there, she sat on a bench with Antonio next to her, eating watermelon. When the sight of four particular men came into sight, she sighed in annoyance, watching the interaction as Dickie Bailey challenged them to a match.

Rob, despite having an injured foot, voiced his opinion that their own coach would've told them to get on the field. So they did, and the crowd cheered.

The five of them changed into the orange Water Wizz t-shirts and navy blue shorts white their wives dressed into cheerleading outfits made out of the newspaper that they made this morning.

Y/n watched the game with a smile, clapping and cheering whenever they scored a point, dressed in a lazy white tank top with a thin black vest over top, blue baggy jeans for pants.

When she felt a arm rest around her shoulders she looked to her right, Antonio staring straight back at her with a smile of his own. Resting her right hand on his own, her attention faced back to the game, the boy lacing their fingers.

Later in the game, majority of both teams was exhausted, and so Lenny and Dickie brought their oldest sons onto the field.

The rival team had won. That was simply because Lenny was supposed to do a bankshot, one that he never misses, but out of empathy, he did it on purpose.

Y/n didn't really care, until Antonio came back with a slight frown on his face. Looking up at him as he sat down she laced her fingers with his once more. "You know, your dad did it on purpose. Just because you didn't win this game, doesn't mean you're a bad player." She reassured.

His head turned to her, his brown hues focusing on her eyes before they trailed down to her lips. "He also said no more lies." She raised a brow as he stood up again, pulling her with him to a less crowded and more secluded space.

Antonio gently took both of her hands in his, the sun beginning to set in the background. It made her look angelic, just like when he first talked to her in the church. He was no high believer in God, but now he truly thought that angels were real.

"I know that I barely know you." He started, almost rushed. "But you're in my mind all the time even when you're not in my sight. You occupy my thoughts and if I'm going to be completely honest, now that I have seen you I don't want to look at anything or anyone else."

Butterflies burst in her stomach, heat crawling to her face as her fingers clenched around his hands. "Please, Y/n, give me one chance. That is all I'll ever ask from you."

And she smiled, the butterflies escaping her mouth as she pulled him to her by his collar, his lips meeting hers as she locked her arms around his neck. He didn't hold back on returning the action, hands setting on the small of her back to pull her closer as his body burned.

 He didn't hold back on returning the action, hands setting on the small of her back to pull her closer as his body burned

Xiane's Note : Definitely a lazy last chapter that isn't proof read. I will start preparing Act Two soon.