Chapter 1

Cerebella stood in front of the door. The bandages on her arms felt heavy as she reached out and pushed the door open. A bunch of kids looked at her. She didn't like the way they looked at her. Curious and pitiful. A boy with blonde brown hair came up to her. "Hey! You're the new girl?" He smiled at her. "I'm Edward. You can just call me Ed." He reaches his hand out. Cerebella just stares at him, until a girl with her hair tied in a ponytail pushes past him. "Sorry about him.. He doesn't mean to overwhelm you." The girl chuckles. "Cerebella?" A nurse calls out from behind the desk. Cerebella walks over to the desk. "I'm going to put you in a room with Jasmine." The nurse points her pen to the pony-tail girl. Cerebella looks at Jasmine before walking over to her. "So we're in the same room? Cool!" Jasmine exclaims, clapping her hands together. "Come on, let me show you the rooms! You can have any bed you want, I'll move my stuff if I have to." Jasmine motions for Cerebella to follow her. Cerebella carefully walked behind Jasmine, counting her steps as she walked. "Here we are!" Jasmine opened the door to reveal a rather plain room, a piece of paper hanging on the wall that read, "Jasmine's room!" Cerebella took a deep breath and sat down on the bed closest to the window, on the opposite side of the clothing that was folded neatly on a shelf that separated the beds. "Are you sure? I can move if you want." Jasmine smiled sweetly. Cerebella didn't budge. "Okay, I'm gonna go talk with the nurses!" Jasmine leaves the room.

How could a girl with so much energy end up in a place like this?