𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙊: 𝘼𝙇𝙒𝘼𝙔𝙎 𝘾𝙇𝙊𝙎𝙀 𝙏𝙊 𝙔𝙊𝙐𝙍 𝙃𝙀𝘼𝙍𝙏

I can't promise to fix all your problems but I can promise you won't have to face it all alone. ❞

───────.• ݁˖ ✦ ݁˖•.──────

Soobin spoke without turning, his voice a velvety whisper that seemed to carry on the very air itself. "You need not fear me, Yeonjun. I am but a man, like you." His words hung in the silence, a gentle invitation for the guard to approach. Slowly, Yeonjun stepped into the moonlight, his eyes never leaving the prince.

As he drew closer, Yeonjun noticed the sadness etched into Soobin's features, a stark contrast to his ethereal beauty. "Is everything well, Your Highness?" he asked, the concern in his voice genuine. The prince sighed, his shoulders slumping slightly. "This kingdom is a prison," he said, his eyes never leaving the distant horizon. "I am merely a decoration, a pawn in my father's games of power."

The admission shocked Yeonjun. He had never heard such raw honesty from a member of the royal family, especially not from the prince himself. He took another tentative step closer, the gravity of the moment weighing on his shoulders. "Your Highness," he began, "you are much more than that. The people of this kingdom look up to you, and your wisdom and kindness are spoken of in hushed tones."

Soobin turned to face him, a wry smile playing on his lips. "You flatter me, guard," he said, but there was a spark of something in his eyes that suggested he appreciated the sentiment. "Tell me, what brings you here?"

The question took Yeonjun by surprise. "I...

"I was just performing my duties, Your Highness," he stammered, his gaze dropping to the ground. "The night is when shadows play their tricks, and it's my responsibility to ensure the castle remains secure."

Prince Soobin chuckled, the sound like a melody in the stillness. "Indeed," he said, "but I suspect there was more to it than that. Perhaps the night holds more allure for you than just the promise of duty?" He leaned against the balcony railing, his gaze lingering on Yeonjun's bowed form.

The guard looked up, meeting the prince's eyes once more. "I... I suppose it does, Your Highness," he admitted, his voice barely above a whisper. "The quiet allows for contemplation, for reflection on the world and our place within it."

Soobin nodded, his smile fading into a more pensive expression. "And what have your contemplations, revealed to you?" His eyes searched the guard's, as if seeking an answer to a question he hadn't quite asked.

Yeonjun took a deep breath, feeling the weight of his secret pressing against his chest. "That sometimes, the most beautiful things are also the most fragile," he replied, his voice thick with unspoken emotion. "And that it is our duty to protect them, no matter the cost."

The prince studied him for a long moment, as if seeing him for the first time. "You are wise beyond your years" he said, his voice sincere. "It is a trait that will serve you well in your life."

The two men stood in silence, the night air thick with unspoken words and burgeoning understanding. Yeonjun felt a strange pull towards the prince, a connection that defied his status as a mere guard. He knew it was dangerous, but he couldn't help the warmth that spread through him at the thought of sharing more moments like this with the mysterious Soobin.

"Your Highness," he ventured, "I know my place, but if you ever need someone to talk to, I am here. I am sworn to protect the royal family with my life, but I can also offer an ear and a word of comfort."

The prince blushed in a deep shade of crimson. Soobin's expression softened, and for a moment, Yeonjun thought he saw a glimmer of hope in those brown orbs. "Thank you, Yeonjun," he said quietly. "Your offer means more to me than you know."

With that, the prince turned back to the view, his shoulders straightening as he faced the vast expanse before him. Yeonjun knew their conversation had reached its end, but he felt a newfound sense of purpose in his chest. He had glimpsed the man behind the title, the prince who felt as trapped as the guard who watched over him.

"Rest well, Your Highness," Yeonjun murmured, bowing once more before retreating into the shadows. As he resumed his patrol, he couldn't shake the image of Soobin's sorrowful profile from his mind. The prince's words echoed through his thoughts, a silent reminder of the burdens that came with power and beauty.

Soobin watched the retreating figure he clutched his heart gripping the railing for better support. He felt his heat beat for someone reason and the sole reason being Yeonjun.

a/n: no cuz a lot of yeonbin fics I have read and every time Yeonjun's character turns out to be total a d*ck !!(╥﹏╥)☝🏼