DUPLICITY | CASE O22.

Annnnd this chapter starts a new POV. Super excited.

This chapter is... A LOT LMFAOOO. Nothing bad, it's just shock value.

Enjoy.

———

DUPLICITYCASE O22

DUPLICITY
CASE O22.
MAY 25TH, 2024.

Seattle, Washington.
Unedited.

AVERY AND SCARLET sat across from each other at their dining room table, in silence. While Scarlet ate the food on her plate, Avery stared down into her cup of tea, looking at her reflection.

"We'll get him back, lovely." Scarlet muttered lowly, sitting her fork down on to the black glass plate.

"Yeah." Avery said softly, her eyes slowly traveling to Scarlet to see that she was already staring at her. "What?"

"No, nothing, I'm just..." Letty let her eyes roam over Avery's face. "looking." She said softly, her eyes falling on Avery's lips before her eyes again. "Something's on your mind, outside of the current situation. I can feel it."

Eve wanted to look away but she couldn't, Scarlet's eyes were just as captivating as they were before, even more if that was possible. She just couldn't believe that Scarlet was actually sitting right in front of her.

"What happened to you?" Avery inquired, gazing at the healed scar that ran across Scarlet's face. "Where did you go, I... I still don't understand and I know you told me that we would talk about it eventually but-"

"We can talk now." Scarlet cut her off, leaning forward and putting her arms on the table. "What do you want to know?"

"Everything."

Letty licked her lips and broke their eye contact, nodding her head. "Before... what happened to me happened, I was told that you had the potential to be on the opposing side, which was your father and his side during that time. I refused to believe it but I did at first, only because I was hurt that you rejected me, everything made sense to me but I always knew deep down that they had it wrong, they had you wrong."

Avery pressed her lips together as she saw the look in Scarlet's eyes grow distance.

"Arlo was trying to kill you, last time I checked Archer was too. I wanted to explain everything to you, Karisma, the mafia, me, I planned to do it that night and we were breached. I never got to tell you." Scarlet continued. "Taijuan is the reason I have the scar on my face, my stomach, and across my back." She nodded. "I swore I was going to die, Avery, I did. I thought I was going to die knowing that you hated me."