Four

Chapter Four
Castles.

══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══

Sienna paced back and forth in her room, it has been over a week since she sent her letter off. Did the bird get lost? Did it get captured? What if he rejected it or completely ignored it? He was her only lifeline in this situation and the threats from the Marquis has only gotten much worst. Most of the staff has been fired for being workers for the Marquis, after an incident where her brother Quinn was almost killed after a dish was served that contained peanut, something he is deadly allergic to. Sienna was able to catch it in time before he consumed any of the dish, but what if she wasn't? She was in a constant state of anxiety and distress and she had absolutely no idea how to help if the Duke were to reject her letter.

Suddenly, as Sienna was in the midst of thinking herself in circles while biting her nails, there was a loud scream heard from downstairs. She put on her gloves and immediately ran downstairs to investigate, thinking the worst, did the Marquis send a severed head to their doorstep again? Or is her brothers in trouble? But as she approached the steps her heart calmed as she saw nothing but her handmaiden Runa, Sir Joseph, her father, and a tall man. A messenger? She thought. As she walked down the steps, they all turned to look at her. "M-my La-Lady Sienna..." the Runa stumbled over her words and her face was completely pale as if she saw a ghost. Sienna walked towards them and saw the a black and gold envelope in the hands of the messenger. The tall man turned to her and bowed, "This is for you, My lady. Good-day," he tipped his hat and promptly left upon his horse.

Sienna carefully inspected the letter, and saw something that would cause her heart to jump with joy. The wax seal on the letter had the emblem of the Belcourte estate. He replied. She hastily opened the letter in front of her father, the butler, and the maid.  She carefully read its contents:

______________________

Dearest Lady Sienna,

You have been called to the Belcourte Estate for a meeting with the Grand Duke, as you requested. As you said, we crows do indeed have an impeccable memory.

Safe journeys,
Nathaniel Avery, Grand Duke of Belcourte.
______________________

Sienna looked up at her father, who was looking at her with worry, "Sienna, what did you do?" He says. Sienna regained her composure and took a deep breath, "I looked through the family ledgers and diaries in the library to see if we could find anyone that may be of help to us," she says plainly, "Sienna I told you, me and your brother have this under control," His eyebrows furrowed, he was visibly upset and she didn't know why, he may be able to stop the Maquis' antics. "I refuse to marry that man, but I also refuse to watch you suffer due to my lack of maturity," it is clear her determination is unwavering, and all her father could do is let out a sigh, "I am unsure of what plan you may have concocted, but as your father I trust you," he turns to Sir Joseph, "Make preparations for me and sienna's travels. We shall leave tonight, and while we are gone I entrust you to look after my sons," he says and Sir Joseph nodded. As they walked off, Sienna's maid Runa grabbed her hand and dragged her back to her bedchambers. She sat her down on her bed bench and placed her hand on both of her shoulders, squeezing them gently, "Lady Sienna, I will not let you down," the Maid says and turns to rummage through Sienna's wardrobe. "Runa.... Whatever do you mean...?"  Sienna questioned as she looked upon her maid frantically gathering gowns and other articles of clothing, "Ma'am you have been called upon by most prestigious and handsome man i-i-in the Kingdom! T-They say his beauty rivals only the Crown prince!" She stutters once more, a habit she does when she is in distress.