1. The Game

The crowd went wild as the game started. The lights were blinding, the cheering was silencing any other noise and the players got into position. Everyone seemed to be super exited, expect for me. I had been dragged here by my best friend Annabel against my will. As she was cheering for her friend, better known as Ethan, her crush, i was on my phone scrolling trough tiktok but Annabel quickly grasps my phone and pulls it out of my hands.

"We're here to watch the football game. Not be on your phone" Annabel scolds me. I rolled my eyes at her playfully before i pay attention to the starting game. As the players circulate around the field moving left and right, my eyes follow the multiple players scattered across the open green space. Trough out the game multiple people were cheering for our school since they are ahead by a few points. But at the end the game was a close tie but our school won! Everyone in the crowed cheered as i watched Annabel fan girl. She quickly took my arm and tried to get trough the wave of people to go see Ethan. Finally reaching the field and running over to the football players Annabel gets to greet her crush as i just stood next to her awkwardly. I will be honest i am jealous on her she is able to make friends or talk to guys easily, but i push that feeling away. It's not like i'm gonna find the love of my life. A soft sigh left my lips as i imaged how it would feel to kiss someone. Then a voice snaps me out of my little day dreaming.

"Hey, I've seen you around." a deep voice said which made me flinch. My eyes land on the person in front of me. It's Kody. I blink dumbly, was he talking to me? I look behind me just to make sure since i wouldn't want to embarrass myself in front of the people around me. I quickly look back at him before uttering a few mumbled words.

"hi. uh me too" I said, my body tense under his gaze. I heard him chuckle and it made me feel self conscious. I had no idea if he was laughing at me or just found my mumbling awkward and wanted to make the atmosphere less tense than it already is. 

"You're Sophia? You know me and Annabel are friends. she's told me about you." He said with ease. His words came out smoothly and he was speaking confidently. Another thing i envy, i wish i would  be able to speak without being so nervous all the time. 

"Ha, yeah i am." I nodded quickly. "oh yeah Annabel has told me...d-did she show you any of my pictures?" I asked with a forced smile. When he nodded i felt my heart speed up. What if Annabel showed the worst photos of me?

"You seemed like a nice person but i never got to meet you." Those words made me stop my train of thoughts. My heart was thumping now, i'm a fool for boys who are nice to me. 

My cheeks flush to hardly visible light pink as i nodded with a small smile. We talked for just a minute before my mom called me and told me she arrived to pick me up. I said goodbye to Annabel and Kody and made my way over to the parking lot. After walking around i find the car and get in the front seat.

"How was the game?" my mom asked me as i just responded with a 'good'. My mom smiled at me before getting of the parking lot and driving back home which was 15 minutes away from my shcool. The car ride was silent and we arrived home the house was silent to, only the faint sound of the TV could be heard. I'm surprised my younger siblings are not causing chaos right now. I walked upstairs and went in my room to lay on my bed.

"Maybe football games aren't to bad." I mumbled to myself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End ❤

Hope you liked this and that you continue reading my book. have a great day and thank you so much for reading.

Words: 685