𝟭𝟲․ Why?

CHAPTER SIXTEEN "Why?"

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
"Why?"

It has been a month since Heejin has been in Seoul. She has been performing in mini orchestra concerts and events since a month has passed. She was guilty of staying in Jongseong's apartment, but she can't live somewhere else or her parents would somehow know. They would always know if she rented an airbnb or a hotel. But they wouldn't know she would be living in her friend's apartment.

Even though she moved all of her money to a new account, bank, and credit cards. They would always discover everything about her. Regardless of what. However, this only applies to Seoul, South Korea. She could not sue them because of their wealth and power. She couldn't do anything about it because she didn't have a lawyer or enough evidence. No one would take her seriously. But... her best friend would.

She couldn't do that to her best friend at all. She couldn't ask him to help her. She knew he would help. But she couldn't bear to see his reaction with everything. Just thinking about it made her scared and frustrated. She trusted Jaeyun, but she couldn't bear to tell him. At least not yet.

Plus he has other things to worry about and revenge to take care of. One day, she will tell him. But that hasn't come yet. Heejin was currently sitting in a restaurant. Her face was covered with a white mask and a black hat. She was looking through her phone, reading some daily news. When suddenly she felt a tap on her shoulder. She quickly looked up and saw Dae. "Did I make you wait?" Her friend asked. She shook her head. Her friend sat down in front of her. "Do you want anything?"

Dae looked through the menu before pointing at what she wanted. Heejin called out for a waiter and ordered their food. They sat in silence until her friend broke the silence. "Heejin, how was everything?" She looked at her friend with a slight smile. "It has been busy. I am doing mini concerts while I am in South Korea and my sister's wedding is in two weeks from now."

"I see."

"What about you, Dae?" The waiter came with their orders. They thanked the waiter before the waiter walked away. "It has been alright, the clients have been alright lately. Some good and some bad, but it's not that bad." Heejin nodded as she took a slip of her drink. Then the silence filled in the gap once again. "Did you meet your sister's fiance?" Her friend asked. She swallowed her food that she only ate small bits out of before wiping her mouth. "Yes, I did, but it wasn't a good first meeting. I think he got a bad first impression of me." She admitted before chuckling in disappointment. Disappointed in herself for not acting like she was fine during the day.