Chapter 1 (Misty)

"Misty, it's time to get going!" my mother called from the lower floor of our home.

"Coming, Mum," I replied rushing to the front door.

Mum was taking me with her straight to Hogwarts even though it was an entire week before the start of term. I hoped that maybe, just maybe, I'd finally find out who my father was during my time at Hogwarts. It was my first year, and I was more than ready. When I got to the door, Mum was waiting, she had already sent my trunk to her personal quarters at the school.

"Are you ready?" Mum asked.

I grabbed her arm, "Yes, Mum, now let's go."

Mum aparated us to the front gates of the school, and walked me inside. The first thing I noticed was the immense size of the castle. There were so many towers, and it was just huge. The castle was old and of gothic style with elaborate statuettes on the roofs and a couple gargoyles could be seen. As I stared, Mum dragged me to the immense doors.

"Now, Misty, you must be on your best behavior, understood?"

"Yes, Mother."

She led me inside to a huge hall with high vaulted celings. The celing mimicked the sky outside which was around noon. Inside the hall were five long tables; four were standing side by side in the lower section, and raised up on a dais, was the fifth table strung the width if the hall. At the table were many adults eating. One of the adults, a tall pale man with raven black hair and dark brown eyes, sat with a girl about a year older than me with red hair and emerald green eyes. All the adults looked odd, but the one that caught my eye most was the old man sitting in the middle of the table with the same twinkling blue eyes as myself. He had a long white beard and long white hair to match.

"Ah, Minerva, how nice of you to join us, and who, may I ask, is the lovely young lady with you?" the old man asked.

"This is my daughter, Misty, Albus," Mum replied then turned to me. "Misty, come sit with me, unless you wish to go sit with Elizabeth and Professor Snape."

I gulped. I was nervous about going to school and especially nervous about meeting new people, "Um, I think I'll sit with you, Mum."

"All right, Dear, follow me."

I followed Mum to the table, and we sat in the chairs nearest to the old man, Albus.

"Well, hello, Misty," Albus greeted me. "I'm Professor Dumbledore."

"Hello, Professor," I shyly returned his greeting thinking only one thing, are we related. I mean, Dumbledore had the same bright blue eyes as me.

Dumbledore turned to Mum, "Not overly social, is she?"

"Misty's always been overly shy. I offered to take her with me when I'd visit Lizzy, but she always chose to remain at home reading."

"Perhaps that'll change over the course of her time at Hogwarts. I'm sure Mr. Potter and his friends will help her warm up to people."

I perked up at the mention of the name Potter, "Mr. Potter as in Harry Potter The Boy Who Lived!?"

"The very one," Dumbledore replied smiling. "Who's her father, Minerva?"

Mother looked at Dumbledore and shook her head no as if to say that it was a subject she would rather not discuss.

At that moment, a soft voice spoke behind me, "Hi, I'm Lizzy Evans. My father suggested I introduce myself."

"My name's Misty McGonagall," I sheepishly replied turning to face the red head girl. "You must be the girl mother used to visit all the time."

"Yeah. Ugh, there's too many adults here, why don't I show you around the castle. You know, so that you don't get lost on your first day."

"Um, okay. As long as mother approves." I turned to Mum, "Can I go with Lizzy to see the castle? She said she'd show me around so I won't get lost my first day."

"Go ahead dear. I'm sure you don't want to sit around with us stuffy old people."

"Thanks, Mum, and you're not stuffy old people."

Lizzy and I walked off to see the castle.

----------------------------------------------------------

So here's chapter 1. Next chapter is Minerva's PoV, and after that is Dumbledore's. hope you enjoy it.