The Regret

Why do you still have such an effect on me?

Why does something you said 5 years ago still echoes in my heart today? The look that you gave me the last time you told me you loved me. The sight of your back as you walk away from us.

Is this still love? Regret? Nostalgia? Or maybe Trauma?

Whatever this is. I wished you took it with you when you left for good. Because I don't know what to do with this shit.

Saying I'm moving forward and leaving everything in the past is easier said than done. I can't count how many times I swore to God I'll move on. How many times I actually tried to forget about everything and relapsing. But it's like a scar or a birthmark that's been embedded on me for as long as I can remember.

For the first time since fate led me to you. I wish that we've never crossed paths in this life. I wished I never knew you existed.

I wish you never showed me how love can be the greatest thing in the world. And know I can have peace as long as you're with me.

You've now ruined love for me. How can I ever love someone else when every path always leads me back to you.

What good is a love so great if it weren't meant to be.

I wish your happiness is worth all this pain and regret I'm suffering. If not then that's a damn shame.

Sincerely Yours,
A Stranger,