~22~

❝ I love you  ❞

I love you 

I let those words spill from my lips like a vulnerable ancient chant, my heart thumping in my chest

I let those words spill from my lips like a vulnerable ancient chant, my heart thumping in my chest. She lay there with her squirming body, flushed red and exposed in front of me. My heart raced, tingling with a mix of emotions. I felt my throat tighten as I tried to read her expression—shocked, sad, happy, or maybe nothing at all.

I couldn't decipher what she wanted to express. My gaze dropped to our intimate connection, where the white smear of our arousal stood as a testament to the desire and anticipation we had shared. My mind drifted, consumed with thoughts of her.

What is she thinking about me? Does she see me as a pervert?

I couldn’t control myself. I wasn't able to. I thought I could take things slowly, but her fragrance, her movements, her soft, delicate skin—it all made it impossible to stay away from her.

Her eyes blazed under my gaze as I reached for the tissue box, pulling out a few to clean the mess I had made. This is so bad. I know she doesn’t like this.

I know the kind of person I am, and I doubt anyone would like me now. I made a decision that might take her away from me forever. My eyes tinged with tears as they began to form.

Why do I act so impulsively?

I shouldn't have done that.

The thought clawed its way through my mind, settling heavily in my chest. My hand trembled slightly as I wiped away the evidence of our passion, the tissues dampening with each swipe. I dared not look at her—at the emotions I might find in her eyes. Instead, I focused on the task at hand, avoiding her gaze as if meeting it would break me.

What if I've ruined everything? What if she now sees me as nothing more than someone who can't control himself, someone who crosses lines without thinking?

I shouldn't have let it go this far. I should have held back, resisted the urge to lose myself in her touch, her scent, her warmth. But now it's too late, and I can't undo what's been done.