Protecting Family Honor

I was sitting in Professor Sprout's class when Rita Skeeter and the paparazzi suddenly descended upon us. Rita yelling approaching me "Look it's the star of the Slytherin's! The girl of the hour! The Slytherin Prodigy!" I frooze as they were rushing towards me. Harry, Ron, and Hermione rushed to my side, trying to offer support, but they were pushed off by the aggressive reporters. I felt suffocated by all the attention. My family was there, too—Mother and Aunt Narcissa, both of whom wanted me to look good, but not necessarily because they were concerned about my well-being.

And then there was Draco, bragging to Harry and Ron about his connection to me before they got pushed away. "Hey, Potter, Weasley, it looks like my cousin's the star of the show now," he sneered, puffing out his chest. I'm practically famous by association."

I rolled my eyes and shot back, "Oh, please, Draco, enough you're going on because you're using me. Because it makes you look good." But he just smirked and bragged about it until the paparazzi surged forward, and the crowd swallowed him up.

As Rita Skeeter's team was all around me, adjusting my robes and smoothing my hair, Professor Sprout looked at me with concern and annoyance. Hermione, too, looked worried, trying to get closer to me. "Druella, are you okay? You want me to be with you?"

But before she can intervene, Aunt Narcissa approaches Hermione, using her voice to calm and soothe her. "Hermione, it's all right. Druella is just doing her part for the school and our family. Why don't we leave them to it."

"I feel bad for Hermione. Why is Aunt Narcissa treating her like that?"
I was so uncomfortable, but I knew I had to comply. This was for the Slytherins, for my family's reputation. I couldn't let everyone down. I faked a smile while they were adjusting my robes.

Aunt Narcissa went to Hermione, speaking in a gentle tone, trying to calm her down. "Hermione, this is only a little photo shoot and an interview. It's harmless. Druella will be ok. She can handle it."

Hermione nodded, looking a bit more reassured with her words, as Aunt Narcissa continued to pat her hand. On the other hand, I felt uncomfortable; I felt like a puppet on strings. But I smiled and nodded, trying to play the part; as Rita Skeeter snapped more pictures, the camera flashed, blinding me.

"Perfect, Druella!" Rita exclaimed. "You're a beauty." I felt uncomfortable, but I kept a smile on my face. "Stay calm, and don't say anything rude. This was for the greater good..." or so I told myself.

Rita Skeeter pulled me aside, a conspiratorial look on her face. "Druella, dear, I think it's time we had a little chat. Just the two of us. Ok?" She grabbed my shirt dragging me with her. I look at Aunt Narcissa and Mother. I lipped, "Help me." They ignored me and smiled.

She led me to a quiet corner of the room, away from the photographers and Professor Sprout's watchful gaze. Mother and Aunt Narcissa looked on, but Rita waved them off. "It'll be just a few minutes, ladies. I promise. She will be back soon." I gazed on them, but Rita kept her grip on me. "Come Druella lets have our chat." I blushed as she was dragging me.

Once we were alone, Rita smiled sweetly. Pushing me forcing me to sit down. She gazed above me I looked at her blushing. She's looking at me like I'm the Quittich Cup. Waiting to be owned by a student. She sit down her close her breathing down my neck. I leaned as much as I could knowing her history. "Druella, I must say, you're looking stunning today. Those green eyes are like emeralds, and your black, curly, wavy hair is divine. It's not as curly as your mother's, but it suits you perfectly. And that face... you look almost like Bellatrix, don't you? The same sharp cheeks, your clothing style, and the same mischievous grin... it's so identical."

It made me feel better about my mother, and I looked as Rita continued. "But what impresses me, Druella, is your intelligent ability. You're so smart for your age. You have a great maturity way beyond your years."