4. Our first practice game!

Summary:

It's time for the first practice game between the Black Bulls and the Green Mantis hockey teams

Chapter Text

Asta could not stop his foot from bouncing up and down as he sat in the locker room and waited for everyone to get dressed for their first practice game. He was excited and nervous at the same time. Green Mantis, who they were about to play, were sturdy opponents, quick on their legs and known for their air cutting shots. As a defender it was Asta's role to stop them. His and his partner Liebe's, who continued to not be very keen on that idea. Throughout all of the practices they had up to this moment, the 'devil' of the Black Bulls team never gave Asta the benefit of the doubt and preferred to do everything by himself. Heck, he probably would have preferred to be paired up with Gordon or Henry if the two were not such a good duo. However Asta could not let his partner's attitude cloud his own. He had a goal and it was to become a great professional hockey player.

He looked up at his team. Liebe was already dressed as he kept on eyeing everyone from the corner. His cage pulled down and only red eyes were shining from behind it. Everyone else was halfway dressed. Luck stole Magna's shin pads and was running with them around the locker room, while his squamate chased him around. They nearly fell on Finral, who was probably whispering his prayers in hope that nobody would start a fight and then Magna tripped landing with his stomach on Gauche's hockey bag. The center got so angry that he started screaming about photos of his sister crumbling inside, that he did not notice Zora pulling back his leg and snickering in the corner. Nacht simply looked bored, while Yami only had his goalie pants on.

Suddenly the locker room door opened with a smack and Vanessa strode inside. She was completely unbothered by the half naked men. On the contrary, her gaze hung upon Yami's bulky posture and she nodded satisfied.

"The Green Mantis are ready," she announced, prepping her hand on her hip and popping it to the side.

"Vanessa you can't just barge in here!" Magna shook off his pants.

"We could be naked for all you know!" Finral screeched.

"Like that would bother me," Vanessa rolled her eyes unimpressed.

Yami pulled on his straps and threw on the chest pads.

"So that beanstalk is already here?" He grunted.

"Captain Jack is actually not playing today," Vanessa shook her head. "He's recovering from an ankle sprain, but he said to convey to you that once he's back on ice he will 'slash' " Vanessa made air quotes, "you with his shots."

"Hah!" Yami laughed. "He can try! He's lucky he's not playing today. He won't embarrass himself during the preseason."

"It's enough that we will be an embarrassment," Finral squirmed.

"I could fight them!" Luck added for no apparent reason.

Nacht sighed and stood up from the bench. He actually managed to get dressed.

"Get ready," he said and just as he was about to leave Vanessa stopped him.

"Where are you going? Everyone needs to wish you good luck."

"We're coming, la!" Charmy exclaimed from behind the locker room door which now stood open.

Followed her three other girls, Nero with a blank, bored expression, Grey hiding her face and at last very unsurely Noelle lurked inside.

"They're noon n-naked?" Grey covered her eyes.

"Naked?!?!" Noelle screeched, jumping up in the air and doing a full turn back, while her cheeks turned as pink as they could be. Asta found it quite funny to watch.