An estate in Bath part 1

An Estate in Bath

Liza looked out of the window and enjoyed the wonderful view she saw. She had to admit: "This is heaven "She had arrived the day before in that place so far from her town. She couldn't realize she wasn't at her big desk in her round office room any more, with the blue painted wall and her name on the door: Liza Roland.

She was a perfect manager in her father's fashion company which produced haute couture women clothes. It's been a year since she started to direct the company after her father's death. She thought it was the only heredity her father had left her, but she was wrong.

Three days before a big envelope had arrived at her office but the name of the sender was unknown to her : Mark Callaghan-Notary Study.

What a surprise when she read the paper into the envelope:" I was charged by your father to communicate to you that you have inherited a big farm in Bath , in the South of England, with 300 acres of cultivated land and a very big fish farming in a beautiful small lake.

She couldn't believe her eyes. She knew that place very well. It was her grandparents' farm where she had spent all the summer holidays of her childhood. But she was sure her father had sold that big estate. Moreover that wasn't all of it. The notary continued: "Your father wanted you to go there to know the real situation of the estate. He absolutely wanted you to stay there almost four months a year to be present, as he used to be, during the harvest of the kiwis.

She was so surprised to find out all that! She suddenly realized that she had spent her last years in Paris at a famous academy to become a stylist because that had been her dream since she was a little girl:
spend one year in Paris, the city of elegance and charm for excellence.

-" This may be the reason of my disinformation"- she thought. "-" But now? How can I satisfy my father's wishes? I have the fashion show of my first collection in two months. It's impossibile"- she said aloud.

-"Who are you talking to?"- Anthony's voice brought her back from her musings. He had quietly entered Liza's office.- "to my father"- she answered.- "What?"- Anthony replied.

-"Yes, my father. Read this."- she said, handing him the notary's letter.

-" But , you can't go there! This is the moment you have been waiting for all your life. You could send someone you trust in your place".-

-"Maybe you are right. I'll do that"- she said and they didn't talk about this during the dinner.

But when she went back home alone, she thought about the letter again.

The day after she phoned Anthony from the airport and informed him of her decision.

-"I have to go there and take a look at the matter. I'll be back home in two days"-

Liza was used to stay at her father's Haute Couture Fashion Company and was fascinated by the drawings of the dresses the stylists realized in the big laboratory on the first floor.