Chapter 9

If looks could kill...I'd have killed him, revived him, and killed him all over again. Except, now I had broken through his masquerade facade. Ephraim was glaring at me as his blue eyed companion watched amused from the limo we occupied. He wanted me to trust him? What kind of bastard tells me that I need to be tied up and brought in through the woman's den so that suspicion wouldn't rise up. Was I not his girlfriend? I should've listened to Jess.

Fucking bastard.

"I'm going to tell you again, fiorella. You will walk in where some girls will be strutting naked, I will get you once I'm done. I have people who can't see you, so you will stay where my men will put you and wait. Capisci?"

Ephraim nodded to the blue eyed guy holding me still and he uncovered my mouth, again.

I blew some hair out of my face and glared at the stranger who slept with me for the past two months.

"I'm not walking anywhere tied up and into a whore house. Didn't you say I needed to trust you? You're not doing a really good job of it." I commented, the situation was just not what I had imagined. My foot was still aching from all the kicking I had done in the car ride, my ribs were still numb and who knew for how long.

Ephraim looked over at the blue eyed man and nodded to the door, the guy smiled apologetically and left us alone. My fear rose in that moment, the man I had thought was a gift from life was in fact a curse. Now I was being treated like a prisoner by his command.

A hand turned my attention to him, I flinched at his touch. He looked incredibly dangerous with his cold stare and rough features, features I hadn't quite figured out yet, and now I knew why.

"Marina. You need to do this. You can't go home, but you will walk out of this car with some men and be taken to a room. Stay there." He glanced at my lips and then at me before pulling away and stepping out of the car.

I panicked as he shut it and later two men I didn't know forcefully pulled me out of the car and dragged me through a garage, I kicked one and he tightened his grip all the while the other spoke quickly in another language to the other man who opened an entrance. The hall was brick made, with scents of sweat and perfume.I looked around and saw women around my age dressed in lingerie and slutty outfits in different rooms, and just as he called it, there were many of them strutting in their birthday suit.

Most of them gave me nasty looks that I returned with a raised brow, until I passed a group of women tied up like me, they were being measured as I walked on by and was nudged through another more decorative hall. I gasped at the detail of paintings hanging around the walls, the foyer was carved magnificently as a commodore was past and some men were running around laughing.

After climbing some stairs, we stopped in a room and these savages actually knocked. I tensed when rummaging was heard and tried fighting them again before anyone opened the door. I got a head butt to one of them but while he dazed out the other got a firmer hold on me. I grunted and struggled.

"Would you quit it! What the hell did they give you??" He asked as i recovered from the struggle.

"Everything okay?" A familiar woman asked, both the man and I turned to Doc Jane as she watched amused. "Federico, you having fun there?" She asked the one I head butted as he rubbed his head. He grumbled and held me along with the other man.

"Shut up, she's wormy." He huffed. "Boss said you're to check up on her, she stays inside the room."

I glared at him as Doc Jane nodded and invited us inside the luxurious room. That bed looked like heaven. Jane looked a me as she began untying me.

"Don't try and run, they'll just catch you. There are dozens of men here that will not hesitate to grab you, I recommend you stay here." She said as the two guys nodded and left us, probably to stand guard at the door.

"You're joking. I'm kidnapped and drugged, then wake up at some hit man's warehouse getting shot at, and then kidnapped again against my will. Oh, and it happens to be all involved with the man who I once trusted! Yea! I'll stay put and not run for my life!" I yelled as she gave me a stern look and undid my hands, I stood up and headed for the doors. They were locked.

"They locked it. I think you need to relax. You're injured and I'd like to examine your injuries, wouldn't want you to get an infection or have internal bleeding now would you."

I paused at her commentary and instead took in the room.

It was five times larger than my small apartment. I gaped at the plasma TV hanging on the wall, an elegant coffee table and rug, the couches looked entirely cozy and behind it there was a beautiful library with a window seat. I walked right to it and admired the view to the backyard.

"Sit." Jane said as she pulled her medical bag on the window seat. I gave her my foot and she began unwrapping it.

"This your room?" I asked. Jane snorted and shook her head as she applied an ointment to my feet and wrapped it.

"This is Ephraim's. I'm only here for you." She said and then pointed at my shirt. "Let me see that bruise, please."

I lifted my shirt and she nodded. "You'll be fine." Doc Jane packed her bag and watched me from the floor. "So, how'd you meet Ephraim?" She mused nonchalantly. I gave her cold glance and tried opening the window, I got it opened and looked down at the ferns planted underneath.

"Is that his real name?" I asked. "Because until yesterday I didn't ever expect to be kidnapped like I was and then finding out the man I've been seeing is a mafia boss! Yea..- I met him two months ago." I muttered and went over the window, maybe I could make the jump. I could do this.

I turned around and Jane wasn't there anymore. Where the hell...

"You'll get hurt." I yelped and gripped the frame of the window before I slipped. Ephraim stood beside the window on a balcony.

"Don't come near me. I just want to go home." I said and looked down at the fall, this was getting worst by the minute.

"I want to explain.." He said and offered a hand. I glared at him and his palm.

"Explain you're a criminal! Yea thanks, I sort of figured with all the drugs, women, and killing! No need to worry, I won't say a word if you let me go." I bargained.

Ephraim glared at me before stepping back inside, I peeked inside at him and was gripped by the waist and pulled back. I screamed and kicked as he man handled me while closing the windows.

"Let me go! You son of a bîtch. You liar! You jerk! Get your hands off me!" He pinned me to the wall and covered my mouth.

"Would you just relax, fiorella? I won't hurt you, no one here will hurt you. Yes I have lied to you, I'll admit it. I didn't need you knowing who I was." He gritted out and held me secure.

I tensed and gripped his wrists, freeing my lips. "Then why get involved with me? Everything you ever said was a lie." I paused and glared at the eyes I had came to naively trust. "You were using me. I never questioned you, I didn't think you would...." Ephraim was impassive, his eyes trained on mine. Was I just some mistress?

"Yes I used you." He admitted and I kicked out yelling profanities. He didn't move an inch as I glared, my eyes watering. I refused to let him see me cry, he wouldn't win.

"Cerbiatta, you are the only normal thing I have." He said as he pressed his forehead to mine, His voice went low and steady. "Listen to me carefully. I might have done you wrong, but I don't throw those words around to just anybody." He reluctantly pulled away and headed to the door.

"Dinner will be served in a bit. Someone will come by and hand you some clothing." he looked at me and softened just a bit before opening the door and leaving me alone.

Did he expect me to trust him after any of this? That inconsiderate piece of shît.