8 - I Will Find You

"I'll go get that" Said Mr Jordan, running down the stairs to the front door. I didn't really notice anything wrong with that knock at the door. Except that it was loud. Not just loud but pounding. Whoever it was must have been really strong. I continued to eat.

Then there was the screaming. "Eddie!" Mrs Jordan shrieked at the top of her lungs. "No! Run! Run! All of you get the hell out of here!" Mr Jordan screamed back at her. I jumped out of my chair and peered down the stairs at the front door. The door was wide open and Mr Jordan was lying on the floor in front of it still screaming for us to get out. But what struck me first was the huge knife sticking out of his chest. There was only one person I knew who had I knife as big as that. My Brother.

He was hiding. I could see him peering out from around the corner of the wall. He was looking at me. I pretended not to see him. "Do as Mr Jordan says! We have to get out now!" I yelled at all the kids, who were already out of their chairs and panicking.

"Quick! Up the other stairs!" I shouted. Thank god it was a big house. All the kids and Mrs Jordan ran up the stairs. "Everyone hide!" I was taking control, the bossy boots I can be. "Who killed my Dad?" Miles sobbed. "It was my brother. Or you may have heard of that killer From the Dark Village. Yeah that's him! Now Hide!" We all ran into different rooms hiding in the smallest places we could find. I hid in a small wooden cupboard, no bigger than a bedside table. I love being short. With everyone hidden the house was now silent.

I heard the stairs creaking now, as Colby walked up the stairs. It was dark inside the cupboard and there was no peephole to see out. I heard the first door in the hall slam. There was lots of noise while he looked for anybody hiding in that room. I don't think anybody was in that room though, because there were no screams. Then I heard the next door slam. Same again, no screams.

Creek. That was the door to the room I was in. "Mallory..." I heard Colby's voice, stretching out every word, "You know no matter where you hiding..." His voice was slithery and sly. "I will find you." What I heard next was a lot of clattering and banging around outside the little cupboard. He was searching for me. "I'm coming to find you..." He said in a teasing voice, "Are you behind here?!" The cupboard shook violently as it was pushed over on its side. Thankfully the door didn't open. I had to make a real effort though not to cry out though. My head was badly bruised.

"Where the hell are all of you?!" Colby cursed. "I've searched three rooms already and haven't found a single little brat!" Then he left the room slamming the door behind him.