Chapter Twenty-Seven

A/N: Hey, it has to get worse before it gets better...right?! 

Also, I'm in the middle of writing a new series that I've been working on as a second project for YEARS that will hopefully be finished this year (A romance set on a new planet where the race is slowly dying out after they are left unable to reproduce, enter us humans), and I can't WAIT for you guys to read it. I have 65 chapters already done! The love interest is my favourite character I've ever written! 

Wolfbound

Chapter 27

Toby

"Hey, Kid. It's alright." I soothed Oliver as he jolted himself awake, looking around the cell in fear. I had a hand on his back, gently waking him before he woke up his brothers beside him.

He looked up at me with wide blue eyes that were shared by most of his siblings. He'd been struggling every night in this hellhole (who wouldn't?), but he missed his little sister fiercely. He'd retreated into himself, barely saying a word for the whole two weeks we'd been here.

"The others are asleep. Are you okay?"

He looked at Harri and Aeron beside him, and then nodded.

"Go back to sleep, kid." I pulled the blanket back over him, retreating back to the other side of the cell, where Keagan slept on the top. Rowan watched me calm him, and sit back down beside him on my bunk.

"Anything new?" He asked mentally, to let Oliver go back to sleep.

"Nope." I kicked a loose pebble with my shoe.

"How about..."

"I've tried Sam, the Council, Jupiter, Christopher, and...Bran. Outside of the men here, I can't get in contact with anyone!" I glared at him.

He held up his hands defensively," Sorry, I thought at least Bran would be able to hear you by now..."

"Can you talk to your mate?" I asked, guilt gnawing at me as soon as I conjured the thought, deepening when I saw hurt flash through his features.

"Sorry..."

"It's fine. I don't mean to push." He sighed, rubbing his face.

Fourteen days of being stuck in these cells, the rest of them filled with pack members. From what we could gather by talking to the cells across and down from us, it was all the males above the age of five. All of snatched one by one and deposited in this barren place.

I'd almost crashed into Rowan when I'd stumbled into this cell. Keagan had been trying to calm the boys, Harri in tears already. I'd been so lost and confused, the flurry of what I'd felt in that cupboard with Bran had immediately dissipated when I lost contact with half of my pack. The blank space where they used to be was deafening.

But nothing compared to the space Bran had left behind.

I'd spent hours every day trying to make contact with her, mentally exhausting myself trying to punch through a diamond wall. Something in the bars was keeping us from shifting, the pack link just about working from cell to cell. We couldn't damage the bars no matter what we tried, the attempts leaving us weakened, the pack link we could access growing fuzzy once our hands touched the iron.

Ah, Wolfsbane. Our old friend.

It had to be Selene, it had to be. To our knowledge, there were no other big packs that could pull this off. There was a strange one up in Scotland we'd been warned about that the Council gave a wide berth, but they definitely couldn't manage this.