༉‧₊˚ 002 the party

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰
002 "ooh like a genome!"
⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

Parties were the last place Beau should be, anybody who knew her would know she would rather be pruning in a bubble bath with a book and a random candle.

She was a bad drunk and often aggravated people with her annoyance. On many occasions she had steered away men from her humour that they couldn't handle, or the fact she would correct them on the slightest wrong word in a sentence.

Not to mention she was probably a light weight. A few drinks and she was away with the fairies in her own little world, oblivious to anything going on around her. She was often called the little mermaid by random people for many reasons. The obvious being her red hair, but also the fact she was a daydreamer. Often caught up in her own little world that she would lose track of the things happening right in front of her. From things like her best friends latest conquest or the most unbelievable moment that only happens once that you can't help but feel gutted with the fact it was missed.

So the fact that the redhead girl stood with a genuine smile on her face was the biggest shock to anyone around her. Violet, Nieve and all her friends being utterly confused on what had changed within the girl.

"do you think it's the strong Irish accent that's turning all these heads?" Nieve whispered to Violet, the blonde girl chuckling.

"i think it's the fact she hasn't shut up in about twenty minutes might be the reason" Violet laughed "have you heard her talking about her guitar?" The two looked at her friend, who was watching with wide eyes as different men and women approached her, the girl immediately steering them away when she didn't mention anything expect the guitar.

"what a tactic to talk to men" Violet sighed watching as the girl made guitar hands to some random man in front of her. "but he actually seems really interested"

"it's a good thing she's pretty, or she wouldn't hr as lucky" Nieve chuckled looking at her friend's attempt at flirting.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"no i love the guitar" He chuckled looking at the girl as he leaned his elbow on the bar.

"oh really? i've spoken to like twelve people snd they've gave the most judging look because I didn't give them my name" Beau chuckled at herself, realising how stupid she sounded as she stared at this man in front of her.

"Am i allowed to ask your name?" He asked with a raised eyebrow and a slight smirk on his face.

"if you share yours first, if you are called Paul, i'm not sharing" She told him crossing her arms.

"what would be wrong with me being called Paul?"

"my dads called Paul" She told him with a shrug of her shoulders.

"oh" He looked at her, suddenly intrigued by the girl in front of him "well my name is Gene"

"How's that spelt?" She questioned a mischievous look on her face "J-E-A-N" She slowly spelt as she looked at him.

"G-E-N-E"

"oh like a genome!" She laughed throwing her head back in an unexpected laughter.

"sure? but what's your name" He asked eagerly "i'm sure it's beautiful like you"

"oh shut up" She snorted at him "my name is Beau Amber Keating"