Chapter 1

"HEY! I heard you have a huge crush on the president's first son?" I was in the dressing room when another staff member told me this.

The president of my country? The Philippines? The president's first son? Oh? Jhunard Ford Forger.

"Well, he's invited to the show, so I'll introduce you to him later because you're a Filipina. You'll probably relate to each other." He said and left the room.

He came here just to tell me that Jhunard Ford Forger is here? I did have a crush on him back then, when I was still a model in the Philippines. We have a fashion show tonight for one of the biggest brands, and I'm invited to walk and showcase their designs.

"Your popularity is getting higher, Celestial. Omg!" My manager told me while I had my eyes closed as she was applying eyeshadow.

"I can't wait for you to be part of the 'highest paid models' in the industry," Ms. Mikala said.

She's been my manager since I started my modeling journey in the Philippines. She's also a Filipina, so I can speak Tagalog with her.

"She will be. Her beauty is so good in everyone's eyes. She has a minimalist. If you know what I mean." The makeup artist said, and that made me smile.

"I know, right! People say your beauty is never boring, Celestial," she said to me. I understand, but she still translates. She's my translator sometimes, you know? I get tired of speaking English all the time. Even smart people get tired sometimes.

"Thank you so much, Gia," I thanked the makeup artist for her compliment. It boosted my confidence.

After a few minutes, she was doing my hair.  Just a simple straight style, so she was straightening it.  I'm going to walk in this designer purple co-ord set, black knee-length, three-inch stiletto boots, and a mini purple handbag.

"In two minutes, the show will start! Double time!" The stage director yelled, clapping his hands for us to hurry up.

Gia gave me some retouch, and the designer was checking us - our outfits, makeup, hairstyles.

"I'm freaking nervous," I said and rubbed my palms. They were cold and sweaty.

"It's your seventh fashion show, Celestial. Just be calm. You'll finish it without falling or any conflict while walking," Mikala said and held my hand.

"Yes! I can do this!" I answered with conviction.

"Models! The show will start in one minute! Everyone, on the backstage!"  It's the stage manager, so I started to walk to the backstage. It's so crowded with models, model managers, P.A.s, and makeup artists.

"You look stunning as always, Celestial," my co-model told me while her makeup artist was retouching her.

"Thank you, Nixie! You too," I answered and winked at her.

"I hope I don't slip," Nixie said, and I got nervous because the catwalk is so slippery.

"Same, I hope I don't fail this runway." I told her, and we both held hands.

"Models! The show is starting! Everyone, please fall in line! Double time!"  So we went to our designated spots in line, and sadly, Nixie is far from me.

"God! You look so amazing in my work, Celestial!" The designer came up to me and held my hand.

"Thank you, Sir. It's an honor for me to be part of the runway and to showcase your work." I sincerely thanked him. He's gay, but I prefer to call him "Sir" out of respect. He's one of the highest paid designers.

"It's an honor for me too, because you accepted my offer." I smiled at him.

"Thank you so much, Sir." I thanked him again and bowed my head.

After a minute, I'm so nervous because my turn is coming up. I feel like I'm going to trip because I saw another model trip, and another one almost slip. Oh God! Please be with me.

"Next! On the backdrop!" I'm the next one, so I went to the backdrop. When the two models in front of me went out, I counted five seconds and went out too.

With a fierce look on my face, chin held high, shoulders back, and stomach tucked in, I walked down the catwalk. My stride felt confident and powerful.

As I reached the center of the runway, I saw him staring at me. I held his gaze for a moment before turning my attention to the audience. I stopped, struck a pose, and then walked back.

I could feel someone's eyes on me, and I knew it was him. Why was he staring at me like that? It made me feel a little pressured. Oh my god! I'm assuming he was really looking at me.

Of course, anyone would stare if you were walking alone on the catwalk wearing a stunning piece designed by a talented artist.

As I returned backstage, everyone congratulated me and gave me high fives for my smooth and amazing walk, according to them.

After a quick touch-up and some chats with other models, it was time to go back out on the catwalk and line up on the side to introduce the designer.

When I reached my spot, I saw Jhunard. He looked at me, and our eyes met. It made my heart skip a beat. It's normal for my heart to race, he was my crush back in the day.

The designer walked by and thanked the audience as he received a bouquet of flowers. Flashes from cameras and phones filled the air.

As my eyes scanned the venue, they landed on Jhunard again. He was talking to someone beside him, and oh my gosh! He's even more handsome in person. This was the first time I'd seen him up close.

The runway show was over, and I was at the after-party, having fun with guests, fellow models, and the media. I was wearing a maroon fitted long-sleeved dress, my hair was in a bun, and I had on a pair of white sneakers.

"Let's take a photo!" Nixie said, smiling at her phone.

"Guys! Say hi on my TIKTOK live!" Scarlett said to all of us.

"Hi guys!" I greeted on her live in social media. A lot of people were watching her live, wow!

"That was nerve-wracking," Vienna said to me, sharing her experience walking the runway.

"They always make the catwalk slippery. I hate it!" she muttered, taking a sip of her wine.

"Of course, it's to add a thrill for the models," I replied.

"But it's okay! We finished it without slipping or falling. Haha! I'm so proud of us," she said, her mood brightening quickly.

Vienna, Nixie, and I were chatting at a table with some other models when a staff member approached me.

"Come here! I'm going to introduce you to Mr. Jhunard Ford Forger." I stood up and told the girls I needed to talk to someone.

We went to a table where he was sitting, texting someone on his phone. Maybe it was his girlfriend, lucky her!