Chapter 3: New Order

Five years had passed since the day the sky burned red and the earth cracked beneath our feet. The memories of that cataclysmic event had not faded, but the chaos it had wrought had given way to a new order—a world reshaped by the awakening of unprecedented abilities among those with Bio-organic Human Augmentation Synthesis (BHAS).

I stood at the edge of our makeshift headquarters, overlooking the sprawling city that had risen from the ashes of the old. The remnants of our library sanctuary had been transformed into a nerve center, a hub for coordination and strategy in a world where power had taken on a new meaning. Beside me, the city hummed with a strange energy, its inhabitants adapting to the reality of their enhanced capabilities.

"Erina," Marcus called from behind, his voice pulling me from my thoughts. He approached, his expression a mix of determination and weariness. "The council is ready. They're expecting your update on the skill tier list."

I nodded, a sense of responsibility weighing heavily on my shoulders. "Let's get started," I replied, turning away from the view to face the task at hand.

As we entered the council chamber—a room lined with screens displaying data from across the globe—the leaders of our coalition awaited. Representatives from various survivor factions, each bearing the marks of their unique abilities, looked to us for guidance.

"We've made significant progress in understanding and categorizing the skills that have emerged," I began, my voice steady despite the lingering uncertainties. "Over the past five years, we've established a comprehensive skill tier list that reflects the level of mastery and power associated with these abilities."

I gestured to the central screen, which displayed the intricate hierarchy we had developed. The room fell silent as the details of the tier list filled the air.

Skill Tier List

Level 1 Skills: Basic Skills

These are fundamental abilities tied to an individual's element, such as controlling a small flame for fire-users or creating a gentle breeze for air-users.

Level 2 Skills: Intermediate Skills

More refined and versatile applications of an element, such as igniting larger objects for fire-users or creating stronger gusts of wind for air-users.

Level 3 Skills: Advanced Skills

Powerful abilities requiring considerable control and focus. Examples include creating firewalls or localized storms.

Level 4 Skills: Mastered Skills

Highly advanced techniques indicating a deep synergy with one's element. These skills can significantly alter the environment or battle conditions, like conjuring infernos or tornadoes.

Level 5 Skills: High Mastered Skills

The pinnacle of elemental control, demanding perfect harmony with one's BHAS. These skills have profound and far-reaching effects, capable of reshaping landscapes or overpowering multiple adversaries.

Level 0 Skills: Absolute Skills

The ultimate abilities, unstoppable and unparalleled, regardless of other skills' mastery. Absolute Skills require a specific incantation to reach their full potential. Without the incantation, they function as downgraded Level 5 Skills. Example: Xilon's Absolute Hell Blaze, incantation: "Burn away in the Devil's Den."

Current Incantations Identified:

Absolute Hell Blaze: Incantation - "Burn away in the Devil's Den"