A Prince

It's hard to trust somebody when the person you completely opened up to is the person who later completely betrayed you

It was my mistake to trust you

I watch them afar as my tears starts to fall, I slowly put my hands in my mouth shocked in what I see. My body is shaking uncontrollably because of anger, pain, betrayal and regret. It feels like I'm being stabbed at the back without me knowing. I thought he is the one, I thought he is my prince who will love me infinity and beyond. I thought he's my prince who will rescue me a damsel in distress, as by a prince in the fairy tale. I still watching them and rain starts to fall, but I didn't mind it. It's like my feet glued where I was standing, here in the bushes hiding, afraid that they might see me. Moments that together we made starts flashing like a bolt in my mind.

There he was oblivious to the girls who was drooling over him, he's from States, a transfer student. I walked toward him to helped him, he looked lost and nervous. I asked his name, and his section. Later on, I found myself smiling like an idiot while talking to him. It isn't me, I'm not the type of person who will talk to strangers but here I am talking and listening to him attentively. I also found out that we're classmates in all our classes. The bell rang and we headed to our room.

Time passes by and we became bestfriends. My feelings for him got deeper, and stronger unlike how I felt for my other friends. I don't know what kind of feeling is this, everytime that we talked, laughed, teased each other, and walked together it feels weird. My heart pumps so fast, and loud that no one else can hear except me. It's like a riddle that no one can answer but only me. And then, at last I finally solved the riddle that I keep on searching what's the answer when I introduced him to my bestfriend.

"Hi, I'm Savanna, Leian's bestfriend. You can call me Sav for short" she smiled. She studied in different school and we can only hang-out if we have time. Since our schedule is very hectic.

He smiled warmly to her "Hi nice to meet you Sav, I'm Trey" he said

They kept on talking like I wasn't there, I felt a pang in my chest. I realized that I'm jealous. I'm jealous 'coz I fall to him. I'm inlove with him. I stared at his handsome face, how perfect he is, his eyes were dark and his lips were naturally pink. How his messy copper color hair suits him well. His masculine. He's gentlemen, sweet, caring, a boyfriend material. I stopped staring at his lovely face when I heard them laughing. They saw me staring at him, it's so embarrassing.

The next day, I hang-out with my bestfriend Sav, we talked about how life was going on and then sharing some problems. I thought that it can be helpful for me if I share my problems to her, so I did

"Sav, I need to tell you something" I heaved a sigh

"I'm inlove but the worst thing is, I'm inlove with him, I'm inlove with my bestfriend. I'm afraid to tell him this, what if one day he will leaved, he will feel disgusted to me" she held my hand

"I see, I knew that you love him. You proved that yesterday. We caught you staring at him while clutching the bottled water. Your jealous right? Don't worry I won't steal your boy never" she said and laughed

She smiled like there's an idea popped in her mind "Aha! I will help you. I will make him fall inlove with you. Just trust me" she winked and I nodded as a sign of agreement. I trust her, she never do anything that made me mad about her, I trust her, she's my bestfriend and she's like a sister to me

Almost everyday I'd saw them talked and laughed. She would went to our school if she had time. I felt like I'm the antagonist even though I'm the protagonist. They will only notice me if I'd faked a cough, or interrupted them even though I'm at their side. It's like they have their own world and couldn't see me if we'll hang-out together. But I trust her, she wouldn't do anything especially if that thing will make me mad.

Few days has past he asked me to go on a date. I said yes, I was so excited that I even searched what dress would you wear if you would go on a date. I even asked mom, what do I wear on that day. It's my first time to go on a date so I prepared about an hour just to choose what dress should I wear. He fetched me to my house, and we went to a classy restaurant. I swear i'm gonna die on that day because of goosebumps and his sweetness . He's so gentlemen he pulled me a chair before he sat down in an opposite sit to mine. He ordered and I was just staring at him thinking what he'll gonna say. I felt excited and nervous at the same time.

"Leian I need to tell you something, Leain I, I'm inlove-" I cut him off

"Really?! We'll it's a good news. I-I'm inlove with-" he cut me off

He stood and hugged me tightly whispering those eight words that made me caught of the guard

"Thank God, I thought you're inlove with me"

"What?" I said weakly

"I said I'm inlove with someone. And I thought you're inlove with me, and if that would happen I can break your heart and I'm happy that I didn't. I can't handle to see you hurt because of me. You know your my bestfriend and bestfriends shouldn't feel that way right?" I push him away and smiled a fake one.

He kissed my forehead "I love you Leian" I love you too Trey

"As a friend" more than a friend...

Now I was taken back to reality, he accidentally looked at my direction and I saw happiness in his eyes. C'mon don't be like that idiot. I was going to escape the reality when someone call me. I didn't mind to wipe my tears away because I know rain's gonna hide it though. I force a smile and walk towards them. I mentally smirked when they don't ask if I'm okay here, standing in front of them without an umbrella while them, they had an umbrella.

"Leian, Can you believe it? We're now officially together after one month of courting her" he said like a kid who is happily thanking his mom for a jar of cookie. On the other hand she looks like a kid who caught stealing a cookie from a cookie jar

"Oh really, Congratulations" with that I can't hold my tears anymore, I burst out crying in front of them. I'm not a witch who's gonna stop their fairy tale love story. It's sad that because of you, because of your own mistake, you instantly lost the one you love.

His eyes was asking what happened to me, it's visible in his eyes, confusion written all over his handsome face. I give her a look she give me an apologetic smile. I understand her, she don't want this to happen.

"So I'm going it's dark and late" I said and before I could walk away I want to do something. I walk slowly to her and touch her face as I slap her hard. Hard, that her face tilt to the right side. She looked at me with her hands touching her face where I slap her.

"Thanks for being my friend for a long time. And now I officially announce that your not my friend anymore starting today. How dare you! You said you won't steal him from me. You said you will helped me. Haha, stupid me, I thought you were different but your like everyone else" I said as I walked away from them.

Every girl deserves a prince who will love and make her happy.

It was a mistake, but the cruel thing was, It felt like the mistake was mine for trusting you - David Levithan

Secretjuans note:
Another one shot story na naman. Sorry for the wrong typos and grammar ('lam Niyo na trying hard mag English xD) pwede namang tagalugin diba? But I want to try something new. English naman lahat Lol.